Would a prescription mask help?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That may screw up your viewing for distance. It can easily be check by holding the lens up and looking through it.

Many stores have reading glasses at different magnifications with print to read so a person can chose the best magnification for reading.

I am currently using a +2.0 for working on small parts.

I can read without problem with white pages, white light, 1-3 foot away from eye.

Get some of the stick-on lenses and see if they help, if they do then you know the answer. Get a set with mild magnification, maybe about .18 to .25 magnification. Most likely your eyesight is beginning to deteriorate up close and in the dim light underwater it is made more apparent.

If you do not currently have a prescription for glasses because per an optometrist, you don't need one then it may be premature to invest in a "prescription" mask, lol. I have been using the stick-on lenses now for several years with no issues to read my gauges, watch, computer, see my camera buttons etc. I do have a prescription but find the stick-ons adequate for my needs.

You can see mine in action right here:

IMG_0762_edited-2.jpg

N

Thank you for your answers, I asked my local optician if I could pop in for an examination, she said that as my last one was only a few months ago & I diddn't need a prescription she doubted that she could reproduce the dificulty I am having underwater.
When I am out of the water I can read it as clear as day and only gets out of focus once its as close as ten inches out of the water.
I suppose underwater its the magnifiying effect of the refraction.
Would it be a big NO NO to put complete +.75 lenses in a mask????
THANK YOU AGAIN

Mark

You will have problems with it in the mask. Just need to get a stick on add as Nemrod(?) has in his

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom