Worthington X8-119 HP tanks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeguerrero

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question that might find a quick answer... If and when I convert my two X7-100 HP tanks to doubles, I want to get the 119 HP's to dive as singles...

I want the extra gas for beach diving and the question is, will the Eclipse 30 lb wing be enough to handle this increase in weight?

I dive the STA with SS plate and 8 lbs on my weight belt, I also dive the Explorer HID 9/21 lamp at 2.8 lbs...

Thanks for any feedback...

Mike G

I can't speak from experience in that tank but the X8 119 is more buoyant empty than the X7 100 and only a 1lb less buoyant full.

Going to be close with a full tank.

the K

My Oxycheq 30# wing floats a HP130 with SS BP and can light. If I put more than about 4lbs on the cam bands it will sink.

I have a quick question that might find a quick answer... If and when I convert my two X7-100 HP tanks to doubles, I want to get the 119 HP's to dive as singles...

I want the extra gas for beach diving and the question is, will the Eclipse 30 lb wing be enough to handle this increase in weight?

I dive the STA with SS plate and 8 lbs on my weight belt, I also dive the Explorer HID 9/21 lamp at 2.8 lbs...

Thanks for any feedback...

Mike G

I used to dive 119 singles with SS plate, weighted STA and no other weight on a Dive Rite "Rec Wing" which was sufficient, if not floppy. A 30# eclipse wing would be pushing it on your rig. I wouldn't want to be configured thusly in surf or chop.

I use a 30# wing with a single HP117 or LP120. That's with a 9/21 HID and SS 6# BP. No extra lead needed even with a 3mm wetsuit. If I dive dry, I add about 6-8#. I've never had any issues.

I use a ss backplate and 119 in a 3mm suit with no extra weight (ok maybe my can light if you want to include that) and I'm fine. But I don't use a zillion pounds of weight either...

I use a ss backplate and 119 in a 3mm suit with no extra weight (ok maybe my can light if you want to include that) and I'm fine. But I don't use a zillion pounds of weight either...

Mike's got 14lbs on you with his weighted STA and 8lbs on his waist.

I dove only once my X8-119 as single then I doubled them, but as singles with SS BP, and wheighted STA (BP + STA ~15lbs), my Halcyon 30# did the job very well.

Mike's got 14lbs on you with his weighted STA and 8lbs on his waist.

RJP is right,

I have the SS plate which is 6# pounds, then I have the explorer that is 2.8 # pounds and 8 lbs of lead weight on my belt...

I have no weight on my STA (single tank adapter)...

With my 100 HP tanks, my rig will float by itself, did a boat dive last week and we threw over my rig and she floated... (However, keep in mind that she floated without the 8 lbs that stayed on my weight belt).

The specs on the 119 HP vs 100 HP

42 lbs vs 33 lbs (Weight empty)

-10.9 lbs vs -10 lbs (Bouyancy full)

-2 lbs vs -2.5 lbs (Bouyancy empty)

So am I looking at the the difference in the dead weight, the 119 being 9 lbs more heavier than my 100?

Can the wing hold up that much more weight at the surface? An additional 9 lbs on this wing?

I could dive without the weight belt right?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom