Worthington LP7-85s?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Compudude;
Warm water only. At least 70 and most times in the high 70s. Cost of the HP100 is significantly higher than the LP85 and if you get one dive, you get one dive. HP fills are hard to come by in these parts. Yes, if I surface with 4/10ths of a tank consistently, which is what would happen, I have too much tank. Your points highlight a good question which is, why would I want something different from a AL80, which is has been fine for many years. Thanks for the food for thought!:thumb:
As you say, Different Strokes...

jeckyll:
Thanks for clearing that up Mike :)
Makes no difference to you anyway since the + rating is not valid in Canada but the good news is that normal rating for these tanks is 184 bar so it is actually rated to over 2700psi in Canada.

Actually, there is at least one other example when owning, say, HP100 over LP85 can become more expensive and a slight irritation. I certainly do not mind extra air but I huff'n'puff every time I walk into a shop that charges $2 more for a HP-fill and/or $2 more if the tank is >80 cuft (in case of nitrox this gets to be $5 more!). In the latter case, LP85 seems to fall into the cheaper category and HP100 jumps over the limit...

This irks me particularly if you anyway get your LPs overfilled and HPs shorted, so that you pretty much have same amount of air whichever you have - or end up with more with LP85.

A good friend of mine has a HP tank that never and I mean never gets filled properly...he has had that tank filled in I don't know how many different LDS in florida...

However my LP95 never gets short filled...actually I usually get more than I asked for...which I always bring up when my buddy complains...:D

I personaly would go with a lp steel tank...I have an neutral al80 that I also use but I would not trade my steel tank for anything.

piikki:
Actually, there is at least one other example when owning, say, HP100 over LP85 can become more expensive and a slight irritation. I certainly do not mind extra air but I huff'n'puff every time I walk into a shop that charges $2 more for a HP-fill and/or $2 more if the tank is >80 cuft (in case of nitrox this gets to be $5 more!). In the latter case, LP85 seems to fall into the cheaper category and HP100 jumps over the limit...

This irks me particularly if you anyway get your LPs overfilled and HPs shorted, so that you pretty much have same amount of air whichever you have - or end up with more with LP85.
Clearly it depends on local conditions. There are a number of shops around here that can do proper HP fills, and no shop I'm aware of (in SoCal) charges more for HP.

Back
Top Bottom