Worth Travelling To San Diego This Weekend?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BobbyT22

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello all. I need some advice. I am scheduled to be in San Diego on business (Navy) next week, and am coming out early specifically to get some diving in. Currently my plans have me flying on Saturday (From Virginia), taking leave Sunday and Monday, resuming work on Tues. I was going to do a boat trip with Waterhorse on Sunday and shore diving at La Jolla on Monday. I got a voicemail from Waterhorse cancelling the charter for Sunday. I know the weather there has been really bad lately. Is it worth coming out early at all? I still have time to change my plans tomorrow. I am specifically concerned about the vis. If it will be nil, I'll cancel my diving plans and just come out on Monday. The forecast is decent, but if the rain and runoff reduce vis to nil, not worth it. Thanks for your help.
Rob

Diving is definetly out for the next few days. Vis is going to be horrible and it's not like we've got that much vis to begin with:)

Can't speak to SD exactly, but Laguna and PV 1-2 hours north will be total junk. Surf has been up and it's not looking good. Wetsand has things looking a little better around Tuesday, but not much.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Oh well, I get to San Diego a few times a year, so maybe next time. Thanks for the info.

Rob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom