Worst Movie Ever?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PhotoTJ

Contributor
Reaction score
Malibu, CA is where I spend most of my dive time.
# of dives
I just don't log dives
OK, after reading how everyone thinks 'Open Water' is the worst movie ever, and 'The Life Aquatic' should be used as a torture device, Let's hear what you got.

What is the WORST MOVIE EVER?

Don't confine yourself to movies with diving.

Actually, give me two, one so bad you used it as the yardstick by which all bad films are measured, and one a really bad guilty pleasure.

Mine are 'Congo', as in "Sure it was bad, but it was no 'Congo'!"

And 'Dude, Where's My Car?' Stupid, but hey, you don't go see a film called 'Dude, Where's My Car?' expecting Shakespere!

The Hulk, definitely the hulk. Just thinking of it makes my brain feel like it's cooking from the inside out.

Worst movie ever? 'The Conqueror', starring John Wayne as Ghengis Kahn.

Not only was it as awful as it was ill-concieved, but it was filmed on a nuclear test site to give it that authentic "mongolian wasteland" feel. A very high percentage of those involved in the production later died of cancer.

It's only redeeming point was that it's probably the only chance you'll ever get to hear John Wayne say, "Go now, and see to the sharing of the booty."

Only slightly less bad was Jim Carrey's 'The Cable Guy'.

Shark Attack 3: Megaladon

I am usually a good judge of what I like, but there are only two movies that I actually tried to fall asleep in....the aforementioned "The Life Aquatic" and "Tommy".

Mercifully, I was successful in both instances....

I can't remember the name of it. I think it came out in the 1970's. Ah, I just found it on the Internet Movie Database (www.imdb.com). It was "A Matter of Time" starring Liza Minelli and directed by her father. It was so awful I almost walked out several times. However, being the Scotchman that I am (well 5% of me anyway), I stuck it out since I'd paid $2-3 for the ticket.

Here's my list....

* Eyes wide Shut: <--- what the hell were they thinking when they made this movie?

* Jacobs Ladder (with Tim Robbins)
* Hope Floats (sandra bullock and harry connick jr) - Didn't even finnish
watching this one....

Battlefield Earth (John Travolta)
Barb Wire (Pamela Anderson)

Any Police Academy movie that was #3 through #7. Yes they made 7 of these movies....

Anything with Rosie O'Donnell

Any recent movie with Steven Segal

Showgirls, which pretty much ruined Elizabeth Berkley

Twelve Monkeys with Bruce Willis

Back
Top Bottom