Worried about weather

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has rained pretty much every day - but mostly in the overnight period or late evenings... and a much higher probability of I leave my laundry hanging. :) Rain doesn't necessarily mean chilly, nor does it necessarily mean dives cancelled. Good luck, and have a wonderful time here!

It has rained pretty much every day - but mostly in the overnight period or late evenings... and a much higher probability of I leave my laundry hanging. :) Rain doesn't necessarily mean chilly, nor does it necessarily mean dives cancelled. Good luck, and have a wonderful time here!

(Learning a bit about the forums as I play along)

Thanks for the local upto-the-minute conditions update. That's very comforting. I'm guessing if the conditions were really bad enough to cancel lots of dive trips, this board would have buzzed with some of that news...

We took our 12 year old to do discover scuba to chankanaab and it was terrific. In fact we did it two days in a row. There are no currents there and an easy entry. PLUS there is plenty to see.
Aun underground river opens into the bay and you can swim in a few feet to see the magnificent tuna and other fish not to mention the cool effect of the salt and fresh water meeting which gives an eerie otherworldy glow.
That would be my most foolproof recommedation.
BTW when we were in Cozumel in Oct the long range weather forcast was for rain and clouds everyday. Worked out to be mostly sunny the whole time. What I didnt know as I was so focused on the weather was the dengue fever epidemic!

Thanks for the reco Jackie. As it happens the one time that we were in Cozumel previously (about 6-7 years ago), was a day-trip off of a cruise ship. And we spent the entire day in Chankanaab snorkelling (both my wife and I). It was a wonderful, memorable experience and one of the reasons I ended up working up the courage to get into scuba diving. My wife still loves snorkelling but is still in the process of figuring out if she wants to take the leap, so to speak, into diving. I think we'll definitely make the chankanaab trip while we're in Cozumel at least one of the days.

Chetan

I really would not worry, if I were you. As weird as it sounds, it can be raining in one spot on the island and not anywhere else. And it might only last a few minutes...
It is the tropics, so please don't let the forcast worry you. Things can change up a lot between now and then. And I agree with Mike, if you have a week there, even if they close the port due to wind (as opposed to rain), you will not miss an entire week of diving. Maybe a day or two at best unless it is the mother of all Nortes.
I arrive the day after Christmas and have not wasted one second worrying about the weather. I am just looking forward to diving! So -just focus on how great it will be to be there and then enjoy!
Julie

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom