World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The situation with Greece is very weird, apparently it is intended as a check against government involvement. It's not clear to me why but i'm sure i'll find out in a few days when i'm there. :wink:

So, first half over and France is definitely the more inspired side. Why is C. Ronaldo being constantly booed? What did he do now? Latest word is that his days with ManU are over and that Real is his most likely destination. It's a shame that such a talented player can also be so immature. I bet that if he leaves ManU he won't even show up to clear his locker for fear of Rooney splitting him in two. Did you guys hear about that?

theatis:
So, first half over and France is definitely the more inspired side. Why is C. Ronaldo being constantly booed? What did he do now? Latest word is that his days with ManU are over and that Real is his most likely destination. It's a shame that such a talented player can also be so immature. I bet that if he leaves ManU he won't even show up to clear his locker for fear of Rooney splitting him in two. Did you guys hear about that?

Ohhhhhhh, yeah, we've heard about it....LOL

CR had already expressed his desire to leave Old Trafford, even before the World Cup. He is not happy in Manchester and his car was vandalised a few months ago. Apparently, Real Madrid are not sure they want him anymore, either. The next few months before the first transfer window closes should be interesting.

Vive la France!
Well what can I say the 'old men' of the World Cup have pulled it off and will be playing Italy in the Final.

After watching the game it's clear that the Portuguese are a very talented team but aren't perhaps at their best yet, Ronaldo and Miguel in particular could probably do with some more experience.

Did Deco even play today, he was invisible?

A large part of the French Victory must be due to Liliam Thuram who was sensational in defence today, almost as good as Cannavaro yesterday...

Quite right, ScubaTexan, especially after different players' stock rising and falling in this WC. (no pun intended)

Jam, i think Deco was indeed invisible, no real pace or his usual tenacity. Another thing i noticed is that CR hogs the ball so much, Pauleta gets totally lost in the mix sometimes.

theatis:
Jam, i think Deco was indeed invisible, no real pace or his usual tenacity. Another thing i noticed is that CR hogs the ball so much, Pauleta gets totally lost in the mix sometimes.

Quite right there theatis, don't know quite what happened to Deco.
Was he marked out of the game, simply didn't get the ball, just having a poor game?

CR does hog the ball way too much even more than Arjen Robben I think, I think part of that is due to youth and that running at defenders is his natural game.
But watching the game it's obvious a better use of his talents for Portugal would be him running at defenders, pulling them out of position and maybe pass to Pauleta??

The Italians must have a lot to think about, demotion to Serie C for Juventus?!!!
Demotion to Serie B for Fiorentina, Lazio and Milan?? (not sure of the 3 clubs), I see a wholesale departure of players from these clubs.

Also heard that Fabio Capello left Juventus today and i'm pretty sure that we'll see him at Real Madrid next with a certain Portuguese Ronaldo :wink:

Apparently, Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Real was contingent on Juan Miguel Villar Mir's election as Real Madrid's president, which did not happen. Seems that the new president, Ramon Calderon, does not want CRonaldo, so we shall see what happens to the new Clown Prince of Futbol. Does he remind you of someone else from the past? Someone with the initials DM??

ScubaTexan:
Apparently, Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Real was contingent on Juan Miguel Villar Mir's election as Real Madrid's president, which did not happen. Seems that the new president, Ramon Calderon, does not want CRonaldo, so we shall see what happens to the new Clown Prince of Futbol. Does he remind you of someone else from the past? Someone with the initials DM??

I don't think he's a clown prince.

Sir Alex Ferguson is a man with a level head on his shoulder.
Unless some other club offers an obscene amount of money to buy Ronaldo he most certainly will be playing at Manu come next season..

So what if he rushed 20 yards to the referee, the referee has said that Ronaldo coming to him played no part in Rooney's red card and that Ronaldo said nothing about giving Rooney a red card.

The only one who is at fault here is Rooney.
As simple as that.

Don't go pushing and stepping on people for starters.

Look what Fabien Barthez can do...

5760290_7_2.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom