World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man... of all the football (soccer) nations in the world i despise watching the Italians play..... for me doesn't matter, Portugal or France, i will be pulling for whoever it is...

Saw a quote from one of the French team today when asked about playing Italy or Portugal and who he would prefer, to paraphrase:

"It doesn't matter, they are both big divers, it will depend on the referee..."

Yep, that about sums it up for me.....

Mike Veitch:
Man... of all the football (soccer) nations in the world i despise watching the Italians play..... for me doesn't matter, Portugal or France, i will be pulling for whoever it is...

Saw a quote from one of the French team today when asked about playing Italy or Portugal and who he would prefer, to paraphrase:

"It doesn't matter, they are both big divers, it will depend on the referee..."

Yep, that about sums it up for me.....

Very true Mike, but to be fair, I think this Italian team dives less than previous ones in World Cups past..

Well, to be fair Jam, they do get injured an awful lot. :wink:

On the other hand Mike, if they're such big divers how come they WIN in spite of it and not because of it? Caveat: the unquestionably and despicably obvious Australia situation notwithstanding. :D

why does the France Portugal game have to be 3am HK time... on a school nite as well...

Will Zidane have another repeat performance... :wink:

pakman:
why does the France Portugal game have to be 3am HK time... on a school nite as well...

Will Zidane have another repeat performance... :wink:

Zizou will do it once again!

To be honest though a major factor in this game is Luis Felipe Scolari, i'm convinced that he's the best tactical coach left in the world cup and with the players at his disposal he can throw a major problem in France's plan.

theatis:
Well, to be fair Jam, they do get injured an awful lot. :wink:

On the other hand Mike, if they're such big divers how come they WIN in spite of it and not because of it? Caveat: the unquestionably and despicably obvious Australia situation notwithstanding. :D

Interesting point Theatis....

But the Italian team of 2006 plays a lot more attacking football than previous Italian teams, they go forward a lot, the old days of the 'cattenachio' score 1 goal and defend the whole game, seem to be in the past...

Totally agree Jam. Statistically the now-in-shambles Serie A has traditionally had the most all nil draws than any other major league.

Speaking of the Italians' troubles, i can't imagine how some of these players (and the Italian public) feel right now. Have you heard about the recommendation to drop Juve two divisions (!) and Milan, Fiorentina and Lazio one division? Things are not looking good for the near future and maybe even the distant future.

As for Scolari, on the one hand i can't help thinking that if he had been in charge of Brazil the situation would have been VERY different right now. On the other, he was seriously and quite obviously outcoached by Otto Rehhagel in the Euro. Greece had nowhere near the talent level of Portugal and they beat them twice. BTW, the Portuguese supporters have a huge banner at the World Cup which says "Where are you now, Greece?" in Greek! Sour grapes?

Rumour has it Fabio Capello is on his way to Spain to take over Real Madrid...

theatis:
Greece had nowhere near the talent level of Portugal and they beat them twice. BTW, the Portuguese supporters have a huge banner at the World Cup which says "Where are you now, Greece?" in Greek! Sour grapes?

It is incredible to me that Greece have been banned from competing in Euro 2008 and their clubs from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup. I can never remember a country being kept from defending its title like that.

ScubaTexan:
It is incredible to me that Greece have been banned from competing in Euro 2008 and their clubs from the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Cup. I can never remember a country being kept from defending its title like that.

Agreed... Maybe the teams knew they would lose to the Greeks....OPA!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom