World Cup winners ??

who will lift the World Cup in July ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jamdiver:
Hehe......, you know I hate that ad it's soooooooooooo lame.....
But at least it's having it's intended effect :14::14:.

So when are you going to buy a 6-pack or 2 :wink:?

We'll see... :)

ScubaTexan:
We'll see... :)

Don't make me start posting pics of Red Stripe now... :wink:
DSCF0456-edited.jpg

So took a look over at www.soccernet.com and Brazil it seems are odds on favorite to win the world cup.

Imagine that :wink:...... England's chances have slipped a bit without Rooney I think, don't think there's anyone else in the England team with his combination of creativity, talent, pace and attitude.....

Although with players of the caliber of Lampard and Gerrard it would be premature to write off England..

Jamdiver:
So took a look over at www.soccernet.com and Brazil it seems are odds on favorite to win the world cup.

Imagine that :wink:...... England's chances have slipped a bit without Rooney I think, don't think there's anyone else in the England team with his combination of creativity, talent, pace and attitude.....

Although with players of the caliber of Lampard and Gerrard it would be premature to write off England..

I'm not about to write them off -- I may be crazy, but I'm NOT stupid! However, I'm not at all sure Rooney will be match-fit anytime soon, and not too sure about Owen, either. I don't know how to assess their chances right now. I believe they will get to the second round, but beyond that is anyone's guess.

BTW -- I have something for you, but I will need to e-mail it... :D

ScubaTexan:
I'm not about to write them off -- I may be crazy, but I'm NOT stupid! However, I'm not at all sure Rooney will be match-fit anytime soon, and not too sure about Owen, either. I don't know how to assess their chances right now. I believe they will get to the second round, but beyond that is anyone's guess.

BTW -- I have something for you, but I will need to e-mail it... :D

Rooney might be "match-fit" he's young, fit in good health et cetera.
But after being laid up in a cast for a few weeks I doubt that he'll have the necessary touch, balance, movement et cetera to compete at that level (World cup knock out stages).......

But you know what they say truth is stranger than fiction so let's wait and see, wasn't aware of Owen's injury..

What do you think of the appointment of McLaren as the new England manager??
Frankly I think it's a step down from Louis Scolari or even Gus Hiddink who in my mind would have been the most capable manager.

PM on the way..

Jamdiver:
Rooney might be "match-fit" he's young, fit in good health et cetera.
But after being laid up in a cast for a few weeks I doubt that he'll have the necessary touch, balance, movement et cetera to compete at that level (World cup knock out stages).......

But you know what they say truth is stranger than fiction so let's wait and see, wasn't aware of Owen's injury..

What do you think of the appointment of McLaren as the new England manager??
Frankly I think it's a step down from Louis Scolari or even Gus Hiddink who in my mind would have been the most capable manager.

That's what I meant about Rooney, that it will take him awhile to get his touch and pace back after being in that cast and rehabbing. Owen has also had a foot injury and is just now coming back from it.

I think McLaren will do all right. The players will relate better to an English manager, I believe, although Phil (Scolari) and Guus would have been excellent choices. If for any reason Phil does leave the Portugal job, don't be surprised if Jose Mourinho goes after the opening...

ScubaTexan:
That's what I meant about Rooney, that it will take him awhile to get his touch and pace back after being in that cast and rehabbing. Owen has also had a foot injury and is just now coming back from it.

I think McLaren will do all right. The players will relate better to an English manager, I believe, although Phil (Scolari) and Guus would have been excellent choices. If for any reason Phil does leave the Portugal job, don't be surprised if Jose Mourinho goes after the opening...

Wouldn't be suprised about Jose leaving either......
Apparently he had thoughts of leaving CHelsea this season..

I respect the success he's brought to the club since his tenure as manager began but i'm disgusted by his behaviour at times...

Not so sure about the advantage of having an English coach in terms of Coach-players interaction.... think in the modern game and this day and age even coaches who speak a different language can effectively manage and develop clubs and teams.

Just look at Guus Hiddink with South Korea back in 2002..
Or Bora Militinovich (sp?) Former Mexico and god knows how many other countries coach in the past...

Jamdiver:
Wouldn't be suprised about Jose leaving either......
Apparently he had thoughts of leaving CHelsea this season..

I respect the success he's brought to the club since his tenure as manager began but i'm disgusted by his behaviour at times...

Not so sure about the advantage of having an English coach in terms of Coach-players interaction.... think in the modern game and this day and age even coaches who speak a different language can effectively manage and develop clubs and teams.

Just look at Guus Hiddink with South Korea back in 2002..
Or Bora Militinovich (sp?) Former Mexico and god knows how many other countries coach in the past...

LOL -- let's see....Costa Rica, USA, Mexico, an African team (can't remember which one right now), China and another Asian team that I can't recall. He's a futbol mercenary...

I think Jam is crazy!!!!!

That is one of the most incredible commercials for a beer.

And why are you people still considering teams other than Trinidad to win this thing?

Trinigordo:
I think Jam is crazy!!!!!

That is one of the most incredible commercials for a beer.

And why are you people still considering teams other than Trinidad to win this thing?

Oh no dude........, that ad sucks!!!

Trini how about we make a bet eh?
If trinidad advances it from their group I send you a bottle of Jamaica's finest and if Trinidad doesn't you send me a bottle of what passes for rum there :wink:.

Trinigordo:

To annoy you and make things generally irritating... :laughing:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom