Workouts and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

timle:
http://www.diversalertnetwork.org/medical/faq/faq.asp?faqid=133

DAN tends to advise against it. While multiple dives over multiple days might not be a cardio workout it is constant physical activity over many days. If you are staying active (3+ dives a day) I would drop the workout until you return.

Thanks for the link. So basically, exercising is okay before diving as long as you wait 2-4 hours after working out before diving. And as always, make sure you stay hydrated.

The company I work for got into that 10,000 steps thing, and issued each of us a pedometer. (using it lasted appx…1 week until it became a chore to “log” every day!) Anyway....With that pedometer, they gave us a link for step equivalents. I usually use an elliptical trainer for my cardio, and the (for the sake of argument) 30 minutes I spend on the machine on the gym, is equal to 30 minutes of diving…(which equates to 203 steps per minute…

Weights I would take as a little less diving since I’m not going hard at it like at the gym…ok, yeah, I’m lifting my tanks and gear to and fro, etc…but it’s not what I do at the gym for a normal work out…

On most vacation, I always seem to walk everywhere, spend time swimming, diving, biking, etc…so I definitely get decent exercise while not hitting a gym…..

scarefaceDM:
It is because of them fancy umbrellas....:wink:..too much of a good thing.

Okay, I probably deserved that one too! But to be clear, I avoid fancy umbrellas during the week.....

I am curious about the comparative effects of a "stop and go" exercise/sport like basketball verses the a continuous motion treadmill workout. Probably no studies on that, huh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom