Wording for my shark Tattoo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
Hi All

I want to get a tattoo but need some help. I have this idea of a great white with a "wetsuited" arm in his mouth, holding a divers flag high... I still need to get it designed but am sure that it cant be that difficult. It kinda symbolises that although I am aware of the dangers of diving, I will still do it (and enjoy it al together - even if it may cause my death)... no matter what danger it may hold...

I need some help with a short powerfull phrase to go with it.... Can someone help me...?

My first thought was “Shark Bait, ooh ah ah!” or “Another one bites the dust-a. And another one, and another one.” Or the redneck version “Ain’t Skeered.” But those aren’t the ideas you want to portray.

Not sure if you have any tat’s yet, but if this is your first, be sure to get something that you REALLY want. They don’t wash off. Trust me, my wife has tried to scrub and scrub me, but they are all still there. They turned red and hurt pretty bad for a few days, but still there nonetheless.

Diving – Costs An Arm And A Leg
I’m Lefty, The One Armed Wonder
The Chance I Am Willing To Take
Tastes Like Chicken
Diving At All Costs
Diving Pride
Never Let ‘Em See You Sweat
Never Give Up
The Best Way To Go
And They Said Shark’s Don’t Bite
Be Back Soon
Out For Lunch
Diving With One Arm Since 1983
Stop Diving – Not An Option
Risk = Fun

I could go on, but figured I would stop. Some of these are comical, or too long, or whatever. Point being, get something YOU want. Don’t rely on others suggestions.

I could go on, but figured I would stop. Some of these are comical, or too long, or whatever. Point being, get something YOU want. Don’t rely on others suggestions.[/QUOTE]

You are more than welcome to go on and on and on.... Thanks for the tips. I want something with impact and "depth" if I can put it that way. as I said, I am trying to portray my love of diving with the tat by showing that it does not matter if a shark eats me whole or I die getting bent.... I will still do it. Not really into the funny ones... but they are good though....

Good luck on the tat. You should send a picture when you get it.

CathyI8205:
Good luck on the tat. You should send a picture when you get it.

I will most certainly do. I am also thinking of getting a mermaid on the other shoulder... one swimming opward in the posision that superman would fly (hands streched out in front) but going up asif swimming from the deep to the surface, seen from the front.... long hair flowing in the water....

Back
Top Bottom