Wording for my shark Tattoo...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sucker4scuba:
That is an interesting one??? Where does it come from?

like it huh? its pretty deep yet kicks a55! ive used this as my sig for years. it comes from H.P. LOvecrafts book " Lurker at the threshold" its about the etheral realm merging with the supernatural realm, otherworldy being etc etc. google it

I just think "Bite Me" should get honorable mention.

Very funny.

You don't mention if you have any tat's now. I wanted one dive related for several years. It took me a long time to decide exactly what I wanted and get something to show the artist. He took it and just made it perfect. He freehanded the Hammerhead on my shoulder. The 2 1/2 hrs in the chair with only one 10 min break was worth it. But I must say for my first it may of been a bit to long. Just be sure it is what you want. I may get another on my other shoulder this year.

Charles

:jaws:

I like "Lurker at the threshold" but there is some thing that puts me off about it and I can not put my finger on it... I like it but not sure if I want to "engrave" it on my skin forever... Bite me is ok but as I said, I am looking for something that symbolises my love for the sea and diving.... my brain is working over time..... help me!!!!!

I dont have any tats at this stage but always wanted at least one.... It took me a long time to get to this design and researched the internet for hours on end for ideas and "inspiration". I love sharks and think that they are the most amazing and mystical creatures on this planet... top of the food chain for the 1000's of years and still they survive on such a primative "design" of nature.... I mean they build cars in the shape of sharks because of the airodinamics and shear brilliance of it and what is better than to copy something perfect.

sucker4scuba:
I like "Lurker at the threshold" but there is some thing that puts me off about it and I can not put my finger on it... I like it but not sure if I want to "engrave" it on my skin forever... Bite me is ok but as I said, I am looking for something that symbolises my love for the sea and diving.... my brain is working over time..... help me!!!!!

lurker at the threshold is VERY appropriate bro. i have 3 tattoos all over my body and each one is unrelated to the other yet if i engrave "lurker at the threshold" in each it would be totally appropriate given the nature of my tattoos.

in your case:

1. LOVE for the sea
2. LOVE for diving

Shark:

1. symbol of strength
2. pride of the ocean
3. Endless, primeaval, enduring
4. survived extinction
5. versatile
6. survivor
7. nemesis of man

in other words the shark is the TRUE lurker at the threshold surviving for millions of years, predating human kind and will continue to be there long after we are gone as well. flirting with extinction, surviving at the threshold of extinction and enduring through the times

Man/diver

1. Nemesis of shark
2. pride of the earth
3. Master of the universe

like the shark, we are enduring yet face extinction time and time again and are trully the Lurkers at the threshold of land. masters of the universe, worthy adversary/nemesis of the shark yet once he steps into the realm of the shark, he is at the mercy of the kings of the deep. would be a fitting Title to what you are trying to portray.

Spoon:
lurker at the threshold is VERY appropriate bro. i have 3 tattoos all over my body and each one is unrelated to the other yet if i engrave "lurker at the threshold" in each it would be totally appropriate given the nature of my tattoos.

...7. nemesis of man...

...1. Nemesis of shark...

like the shark, we are enduring yet face extinction time and time again and are trully the Lurkers at the threshold of land. masters of the universe, worthy adversary/nemesis of the shark yet once he steps into the realm of the shark, he is at the mercy of the kings of the deep. would be a fitting Title to what you are trying to portray.

I kinda like just "Nemesis" as well.... have it done in Greek writing..."Νέμεσις"....She is the executrix of justice..."balancer of Fortune's chance" (I like this one - Good ring to it...Balancer of Fortunes Chance...mmmmm)...."the distributor of fortune"..."avenger of crime".... I can live with that one - kinda like THE PUNISHER - Nemisis is also as old as the shark as this comes from Greek mythology

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom