Worcester, MASS: is there any diving around there

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Three rolls of duct tape, 4 cinder blocks, 15 feet of 2" galvanized chain all wrapped around Vinnie, and you only noticed a CD?

DeepBound:
In spite of the warnings of boring diving I picked Lake Quinisagamond to go get wet in, and literally bumped into what looked to me like a pretty recently-sunk upside down white Cadillac. I wish I had investigated more.. if i had dug a bit maybe I could have seen the windows and looked inside.. all I got to see was inside the trunk, which oddly enough was open, and had a CD-rom drive labelled "nagivation CDROM". Does that make any sense? I started wondering if I was narced, looking in the trunk and seeing a CD player...:confused:

That's the problem with some means of navigation; no warnings regarding potential hazards.

Did you report your find to the po-lice?

Green_Manelishi:
That's the problem with some means of navigation; no warnings regarding potential hazards.

Did you report your find to the po-lice?

No, I wasn't sure if they'd be interested. I suppose it might be a stolen car.. or worse...

Edit: OK, i emailed them to let them know.

DeepBound:
In spite of the warnings of boring diving I picked Lake Quinisagamond to go get wet in, and literally bumped into what looked to me like a pretty recently-sunk upside down white Cadillac. I wish I had investigated more.. if i had dug a bit maybe I could have seen the windows and looked inside.. all I got to see was inside the trunk, which oddly enough was open, and had a CD-rom drive labelled "nagivation CDROM". Does that make any sense? I started wondering if I was narced, looking in the trunk and seeing a CD player...:confused:
Is anyone interested in going to see the Cadillac? It might have skeletons inside!
Here's the map:

Attachments

• cadillacmap.JPG
    cadillacmap.JPG
    63.5 KB · Views: 57
DeepBound:
Is anyone interested in going to see the Cadillac? It might have skeletons inside!
Here's the map:

Maybe not skeletons, but at least we know it has a nav system.
I am interested in what the police response was. I imagine they would need to follow up when it was reported.
I'm not quite ready for that kind of viz, but I sure would be interested on what you do find.

DeepBound:

I was unlucky enough to accidentally find a body in Quinsig my first year diving. Even though I live 300 yd's away from Quinsig, I will never dive there by choice. :shakehead

I think I would leave that "navigation" cd-rom alone. Seeing as how the Caddy ended up-side-down in the water, I don't think the navigation part worked too well.
Unless its a chart plotter cd-rom, in which case I'm sure someone merely forgot they were actually in a car rather than a Carver. :D

frank_delargy:
Maybe not skeletons, but at least we know it has a nav system.
I am interested in what the police response was. I imagine they would need to follow up when it was reported.
I'm not quite ready for that kind of viz, but I sure would be interested on what you do find.
The police didn't respond to my email. I'm back in Ontario now so I won't be able to go see it again. The viz was about 5ft and the water temperature about 39F.

TimK:
I think I would leave that "navigation" cd-rom alone. Seeing as how the Caddy ended up-side-down in the water, I don't think the navigation part worked too well.
Unless its a chart plotter cd-rom, in which case I'm sure someone merely forgot they were actually in a car rather than a Carver. :D
It's straight out from a boat ramp which looks sort of like a side street that goes into the water, and comes out at the other side of the lake (there just happens to be another boat ramp directly across). Maybe when it was frozen over and snowing this winter, someone thought it was a snowy road, and didnt realize they were going over a lake! OOPS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom