Woo Hoo!!! Really Bad Photos from Haigh!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do it easy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am the proud new owner of a digital camera and housing and today was the maiden voyage. I took it out to sunny Haigh quarry for the shake down cruise. It was sunny and windy, with temps warming up to high 50s. Not too bad for an April weekend, especially since they (the meteorologists) were predicting snow this weekend.

The water was clear in the morning, but the vis deteriorated as divers began to kick it up a notch. The water temp was low 50s in the 20' section and dipped down to about 45f in the 50' section. I was expecting it to be much cooler in the shallow end.

Thanks to Beth, Duane, Ken, and Rob for tagging along!

Let's look at the carnage! It's a point and shoot camera and all editing was done by hitting the enhance button on iPhoto! Duane was showing me the basic technique for using a point and shoot camera- I swam along, pointed, and shooted. I took over 300 photos in about 2 hours of dive time and painstakingly selected the 10 least worst shots - here's the cream of the crap:

This is the rock-crushing cage dive- the divers descend into the cage and are completely surrounded by ravenous bluegill!!!
IMG_10311.JPG

look at those razor sharp teeth!
IMG_1083.JPG

IMG_10361.JPG

IMG_10721.JPG

For some reason, this reminds me of the moon???
IMG_1055.JPG

IMG_1079.JPG

The green plant thingee in the center is much brighter and greener than the picture shows.
IMG_1085.JPG

When I get bored, I like to see if there are any hidden messages in the snail tracks...
IMG_1170.JPG

IMG_11711.JPG

IMG_11721.JPG

This any better than Iphoto? I used photoshop. Hate to see anybody have bad photos.:D
IMG_10311.JPG

10311a.jpg

Where in Chicago you from? I was born in Skokie and lived in Palatine, Hoffman Estates area.

the fish pic looks 3-D. . . like it is going to swim right thru the monitor, at me! Maggi

Where in Chicago you from? I was born in Skokie and lived in Palatine, Hoffman Estates area.
I'm in Glendale Heights, which is about 20 minutes south of the Palatine/Hoffman Estates metro area. When I first moved here, I lived on the border of Hoffman Estates. Haigh quarry is just over an hour south in Kankakee.

Hope you don't mind but I did a quick clean up on one...:D

IMG_10311.jpg

I'm sure there are others here that could do better.

Hope you don't mind but I did a quick clean up on one...:D

IMG_10311.jpg

I'm sure there are others here that could do better.
Thanks- I'm waiting for the CDHK hack to be available for my camera so that I can shoot in RAW mode :D

I was quite surprised at how much fun it was to take pictures underwater :D

Photography is what got me back into diving really. I was bored and quit diving for about 5 years but now I'm just like a kid again...:D

Bon Jur (????) Me no speaka Francais

But hi ya'll. Beautiful farm house, but I need a goat to milk.

Do it easy, great first shots! Now we know you really wreck dive, you have proof.
I am so happy for you! I hope to get some pics here walking around Lourmarin or wherever I am.
Very cool place actually, kinda hilly for a slacker like me.

love to all, Catherine

PS they all hate Sarkozy, makes me so sad.

You are a goner now, with a camera....

Back
Top Bottom