wont fill my tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I heard as early as next year

why do you think they opened up the hawaii kai shop :)

as for oc.. they've always treated me well..
i once bought a reg and bc from them.. and i decided i didn't like the colors :wink:
they took 'em back no questions.. easy as pie :D
and when i go in to buy other stuff.. if you're military.. they don't charge tax.

while they may not be able to service all of your tech/vintage needs..
they do offer a wide variety of purely recreational gear/services/instruction..
(all the way thru the upper levels of the padi gamut)

and as a "going concern" that is their primary business.. and they do it very well.
my 2¢ :)

Ripping people off seems to be their primary concern...

VBlueV:
as for oc.. they've always treated me well..
i once bought a reg and bc from them.. and i decided i didn't like the colors :wink:
they took 'em back no questions.. easy as pie :D
and when i go in to buy other stuff.. if you're military.. they don't charge tax.

while they may not be able to service all of your tech/vintage needs..
they do offer a wide variety of purely recreational gear/services/instruction..
(all the way thru the upper levels of the padi gamut)

and as a "going concern" that is their primary business.. and they do it very well.
my 2¢ :)

What kind of crack are you smoking (I want some it must be good :))

If they are so concerned "only" about the recreational diver then why the hell won't they fill a tank with AIR that was VIPED at another shop....sounds like a rip off to me...especially since most educated scuba divers (which I would expect shop employees to be) know how "great" a VIP + is.....(they're probably trying to still pay for their ultra cool machine that cost them thousands of dollars and hence they implemented a retarded policy). I wouldn't be suprised if they required a Visual Plus on a steel tank...that would really make my case (can I borrow yours fishboy I am going to go try).

that's my 2 PSI

I've dealt off & on with them for 7 years. I will admit they do a good job with tourist... you only see them a couple of times... but when it comes to repeat customers, their customer service is horrible.

Why is it that the owners tried to stack a local dive club's board members with intention of getting it shut down? Does the money lost to air fills really affect their business that much?

fishb0y:
I've dealt off & on with them for 7 years. I will admit they do a good job with tourist... you only see them a couple of times... but when it comes to repeat customers, their customer service is horrible.

Why is it that the owners tried to stack a local dive club's board members with intention of getting it shut down? Does the money lost to air fills really affect their business that much?

LOL you can't be serious.

Fishboy is very serious. If Carl (oops, no names) had his way, my favorite club would be shut down, that is his goal, and could very well happen if he takes the contract from IDH, personally, I will write a letter to the Commander if that happens, OC is not looking out for the Servicemen at all.
I have never had good service at OC. Sometimes I will walk in, be there for 10 min. and walk out while people stand in the back and chat.....never even ask me if I need some help.
Dive shop of choice, IDH...although, I had a good experience with Aaron's Dive Shop, they are just a little far to drive though.

I have contacted the navy exchange service manager regarding OC and she has informed me that if enough fact based complaints are received that they can lose their contract. As for Hickam and The NEX combining they cant because they are two different service entities the Nex does not fall under AAFES, they fall under NEXCOM which is Navy and Marine Corps only. AAFES is Army and Air Force. Two different pots of money and civilian jobs to keep. No one will support that, especially the Air Force. I am In the process of gathering factual data for the NEX manager (send via private message so as not to violate board rules), additionally I have contacted her supervisor at NEXCOM to find out if further action can be taken. As for OC I agree that without unfettered access to the military, and the false belief by service members that because they are affiliated with the NEX that they are reputable and trustworthy, their business would suffer. I'm just not sure if i can get enough factual data to influence the NEX Customer Service Manager to take appropriate action.

It's not the NEX and AAFES that's combining, it is the actual bases themselves. My understanding is that the services and many of the contracts will be combined (it makes no business sense to have 2 separate dive shops on the same base). But me being a lowly blue-shirt, nobody keeps me informed.

I am not sure that will happen...the politics involved alone would make this next to impossible. So, wait they will have 5000 air force AD report to a Navy Base??? Is it a joint job now? Where is my servicing MPF...? On the mainland?

It was my understanding........that duplicate services were to be combined, the ones I have heard of so far.....CE, and services......one of the reasons services budget got cut so bad last fall was so they would not hand over any money to the navy......
these are things being discussed in public, so not off limits to discuss here I believe..
with the current status of funding, quality of life issues for servicemen and their families will not be funded so that our servicemen can get what they need in other area's.
Hey, I'm against taxes, but the one tax increase that would not frost me would be one that would give more money to our military for improved systems(not quality of life persay, but might save a life!)
The Current command structures remain the same, PH is PH, Hickam is Hickam

Back
Top Bottom