Wondering where your stuff from overseas is? Shipaggedon!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

At about three weeks for the longest ship at anchor, that isn't as horrible as the pictures make it seem. I was thinking you had ships out there for so long that they've formed their own country of Shiplandia.

Given that at anchor time is maybe a day at most, if that, usually, three weeks is a lot.

Thanks, Marie. It's interesting to read a little on the subject. It affects everyone, yet most of us (especially me) know precious little about how "stuff" moves around the world.

@kelemvor

Did you read the NYT article I linked to on page 5? That's the really good one.

And now proof the shipping mess is affecting scuba stuff supply! From DGX's website where I just looked to confirm the price for LP50s for a thread. There are tons of delays out of Europe. Stuff I deal with at work has been getting rolled 2-4 times, which with weekly sailings, means 2-4 week delays. :(

Faber LP-50 Cylinder - Grey

Faber cylinders for the US market are manufactured in Italy and imported to the US via containerized sea freight. Availability of Faber cylinders has been erratic, affected by issues with both manufacturing capacity and transport. Currently the best information we have is our orders for LP50's and LP85's will not arrive until April 2021 at the earliest.

And now this is jammed up in the Suez Canal.
suez.jpg

... Stuff I deal with at work has been getting rolled 2-4 times...
You been right this whole year.

Yantain-shut down. We are going to see stock outs on shelves in July. Hope nobody's electrical devices break.

You been right this whole year.

Yantain-shut down. We are going to see stock outs on shelves in July. Hope nobody's electrical devices break.

And some people still don’t believe me. Yantian has been very quiet and under the radar until fairly recently. Ships are taking containers out of Yantian and taking them to Qingdao. All because of Covid. Lots of cases and port was working very little. Lots more ships stuck off Yantian than ever were off LA/LGB.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom