Wondering - GC vs. Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I got to dive both Cayman and Cozumel last year, first time in CZM, second in GC, both are fantastic and must dives at some point. CZM can definately be cheaper and the vis and life there is second to none. It's all drift diving with great walls and reefs. We stayed with Scuba Club Cozumel and recommend it highly. We dived with Bob Soto's in GC who I would not recommend but they're not reopening after Ivan anyway. Cayman is more expensive if you eat out but the restaurants are fantastic and the North Wall is A+ diving. You won't be dissappointed with either choice!

zf2nt:
I've been to both, and interestingly enough stayed at Spanish Bay on GC and at the Presidente in Cozumel. Interesting, no? My take was...
--On Cozumel, lots of novice divers, fins in your face, divemasters forced a "follow the leader" regimen, lots of cruise ship atmosphere (ugh!), total chaos in the dive operations. I never went back.
--On Grand Cayman, outrageous prices for just about everything, good diving but once again it was "follow the leader" stuff. Even more cruisers than on Cozumel. We had a good time, but never went back again. Now that Ivan has trashed Grand Cayman, I can't see why anybody would go there for at least a few more years.

In summary, I am where I am for a very good reason. I haven't found any diving in NA to compare with it.

Bruce, Little Cayman

Hey Bruce:

I am coming to see Ryan when I am there 4/16-4/23 he said he would buy me a drink! I'll look for you as well staying at Pirates Point.

See ya in 17 days or so!

I have been to both GC and Coz. Both had there good and bad points. my favorite is GC, the marine life there is awesome. alot of great shallower dives. vis was great. but keep in mind that the hurricaine did alot of damage, diving could be bad. Coz is all drift diving and deeper dives. found dive sites flooded with divers. vis sucked. dive paradise great dive shop. with both places make sure you go slow, alot to see.

Back
Top Bottom