Women's BCDs - Sherwood vs. Seaquest

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxjam98

Registered
Reaction score
I have been mulling over which women's BCD to purchase and am having "issues". I have been using a unisex Sherwood Silhouette for about 8 years with few problems, but now that I have had the chance to try on a couple of the ladies' BC's... I am thinking that I was just nuts! Several websites list the Sherwood Luna as a best buy. Best jacket for the money, basically. However, if I am already going to be spending hundreds of dollars... I want a really GOOD jacket. Several sources say the Luna has weight pockets that are small and interfere with BCD usage. I looked at the Diva DQ and really liked it, BUT... the 'sports bra' is made of some kind of spandex/lycra and even the store models were already 'pilling' and had abrasions. I am not sure that this material will hold up really well. I have not been able to find a Diva LX locally... is the sports bra in that one different? I have read that it is neoprene. If anyone has been able to use any of these BC's for an extended period of time... I would love to hear what you have to say about them. Thanks for your time! :confused:

I have been using a Diva LX since September. Not a really long time, but I have probably done 20-25 dives with it, and I have travelled with it twice.

The bra is a thin neoprine and is one of the reason I chose that BCD. My first BCD was the US Divers Elan, one of the first (maybe the first) women's BCD's. I liked it because the staps criss-crossed in the front.

Anyway, besides the bra, the LX is a combined back and side fill. I find it very confortable in an out of the water. Even the Diva QD can't match the LX.

I appreciate your info on the LX and glad to get confirmation on that sports bra material. Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom