Witness a murder at Casa Blanca toady

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LoveOceanicGears

Contributor
Reaction score
Physically: New Jersey, USA. Mentally: Cozumel, MX
# of dives
200 - 499
Today at Casa Blanca, I saw a green moray eel swims in open water. After chasing up to the eel against current, he surprised me by grabbing a splendid toadfish in his mouth and swallow the poor toadfish in a nick of time.

PICT0140-1.jpg

This is the picture of the murderer in his hideout after he devoured his victim.

PICT0144.jpg

Poor toadfish. It is the first time I see the tail of a toadfish. I really wish it is a lionfish instead.

omg

Today at Casa Blanca, I saw a green moray eel swims in open water. After chasing up to the eel against current, he surprised me by grabbing a splendid toadfish in his mouth and swallow the poor toadfish in a nick of time.

View attachment 183526

This is the picture of the murderer in his hideout after he devoured his victim.

View attachment 183527

Poor toadfish. It is the first time I see the tail of a toadfish. I really wish it is a lionfish instead.

that is unbelievable!!

Here's a short video I happened to get on a Castle Comfort nite dive of a spotted eel ----in Dominica...."Murdered" a small squirrelfish-- as you say...lol.....

Eel Eating A Squirrel Fish Video by GEAUXtiger | Photobucket

EDIT:...found the still....Here they are 'fighting' right before the the 'murder' took place ie the video.......Had no idea what was getting ready to happen.......Thought real quick to change over to video & get the whole 'ordeal'...lol

eelandsoldier2.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I am stumped with the location of 'Casa Blanca', is this an alternate name for another site?

I like it when amberjacks eat sea turtle hatchlings better....

OK, I am stumped with the location of 'Casa Blanca', is this an alternate name for another site?
I'd bet that it's near Villa Blanca :)

---------- Post added May 6th, 2014 at 02:08 PM ----------

No wonder the little dears hide in their holes.
Perhaps they taste like chicken.

According to one site I found, the similar-looking oyster toadfish is edible.

Oyster Toadfish - Chesapeake Bay Program

Can't wait to try a lionfish vs. toadfish cook off.

One of the reasons I love diving at night is there are so many "murders" to film for my cable TV show, "MUNCHING & Mating in the Macrocystis." The morays do it (although their "batting average" is pretty dismal due to poor eyesight), the larger kelp (calico) bass do it, the sea lions do it...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom