With whom would you spend your day?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Dee Scarr.
On site in Bonaire, of course.
Rick

Regarding diving I think I would like to spend some time with Carl Brashear...................In general I would like to spend some time with my late father, whom I miss. ;-0

This question reminds me of a mobile phone ( sorry guys "cell phone") One2One add where you could call anyone past or present.

Its completely non scuba but my guy would be Amenhotep the reported Archietect of the pyramids at Giza. Wouldn't you just like to know their secrets.

Neil

Sheck Exley-He literally "wrote the book" (several books, actually) on safe cave diving practices. He was the first in the world to log over 1,000 cave dives. In over 29 years of cave diving, he made over 4,000. At Cathedral Canyon Spring in Florida, he achieved a world record penetration of over two underwater miles during an eleven and a half hour solo dive in 1990. In March of 1989, using Trimix, he descended to a world record depth of 881 feet, returning to the surface after 14 hours of decompression with no harmful effects. He died in 1994 trying to complete a record dive to over 1000 feet. When his body was recovered, his depth guage read 879 feet. He was the father of cave diving, a pioneer in use of trimix and spent his life trying to learn as much about diving as possible.
The story of that final dive can be found at:
http://www.cisatlantic.com/trimix/AQUAcorps/Incidentreps/IR5.htm#What happened to Sheck Exley?

dive related? Terrence Tysall (actually, I've been on the same
dive boat with him and talked to him for several minutes. But
it'd be more better to spend the day diving with him. Know what
I mean?) George Irvine and Jarrod Jablonski would also
be interesting and educational.

non-dive related? Patrick Henry.

I'd like to change this thread to:

"If you could spend one NIGHT with someone, living or dead, who would it be?"

Except that I would remove the "dead" option.....this isn't halloween!!

J_A_W,

I'm glad you clarified that!

I would have to say my Dad has he has bad breathing problems..

Long live the King...

N1Hawk

Originally posted by JustAddWater
This past week my class had a discussion about heroes. A question was asked, "If you could spend a day with someone from the past or present, who would it be?" A thought provoking question, but considering my draw to the sea, I said Jacques Cousteau. Who are some other heroes in our realm of interest?

Definitely ether George Clark or Merryweather Lewis.
Or for our UK friends, Richard Burton (not the actor)
Or in the diving realm George Harris who is no longer with us.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom