Wish List for Santa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcroy66

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So the family has asked us to compile our wish lists. I came on here, looking for ideas.

Here's my list so far.

Definites:
CO analyzer

O2/nitrox analyzer

Debating:
UV dive light

A "weak dive light" - my hand cannon lights up half the reef. Makes it awesome for illuminating dark spots on day dives, but not so good for getting up close and personal to the sea life during night dives. :(

New writing slate. Trying to decide whether to get another magnetic one (my last one is apparently floating about 40 miles off the coast of Belize, d'oh!) or try the Wet Notes.

External thigh-mounted pocket (SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Thigh Pocket w/Daisy Chain). I usually don't wear a wetsuit though, and I don't know how comfortable it would be on bare skin.

Mesh duffel for carrying stuff to/on the boat (primarily for dive ops where you take your gear on/off every day). My current (vertical) snorkel bag just isn't convenient for carrying scuba gear. Takes so long to pack and unpack that I end up just not bothering and instead just wear the BC and sling the regulator around my neck.

So how about all of you? What's on your wish lists this year?

Oh, and a watertight case for carrying keys, credit cards, maybe a phone, etc. I want one that's basically neutrally buoyant though. (Any recommendations?) I made the mistake of getting Aqua Maracas once. Stupid things are VERY positively buoyant and kept floating up past my armpits. :(

I would get just a regular slate; it works better and a lot cheaper. Your list looks like mine. Air fill cards are always nice to have.

So the family has asked us to compile our wish lists. I came on here, looking for ideas.

Here's my list so far.

Definites:
CO analyzer

O2/nitrox analyzer

Debating:
UV dive light

A "weak dive light" - my hand cannon lights up half the reef. Makes it awesome for illuminating dark spots on day dives, but not so good for getting up close and personal to the sea life during night dives. :(

New writing slate. Trying to decide whether to get another magnetic one (my last one is apparently floating about 40 miles off the coast of Belize, d'oh!) or try the Wet Notes.

External thigh-mounted pocket (SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Thigh Pocket w/Daisy Chain). I usually don't wear a wetsuit though, and I don't know how comfortable it would be on bare skin.

Mesh duffel for carrying stuff to/on the boat (primarily for dive ops where you take your gear on/off every day). My current (vertical) snorkel bag just isn't convenient for carrying scuba gear. Takes so long to pack and unpack that I end up just not bothering and instead just wear the BC and sling the regulator around my neck.

For the slate you might want to consider looking at something like the AquSketch.

AquaSketch Minno Wrist Slate

Hmm, the AquaSketch seems like a nice concept. I don't think I'd want it as a wrist slate though, since I wear my dive computer on my left wrist.

How well does it erase? That's always been my biggest beef with traditional slates - they never seem to erase very well.

Well, after some more reading, the AquaSketch Minno is now on the Christmas list. Thanks ronbeau!!

External thigh-mounted pocket (SCUBA Diving Equipment for Technical, Sidemount, Rebreather, Wreck and Cave Diving: Dive Rite, Inc - Product Catalog - Thigh Pocket w/Daisy Chain). I usually don't wear a wetsuit though, and I don't know how comfortable it would be on bare skin.....................

DealExtreme: $16.00 Police Style Leg/Waist Bag

Try this...cheaper and not bad......

How well does it erase? That's always been my biggest beef with traditional slates - they never seem to erase very well.

For erasing, try Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They work wonderfully. I keep 1/2 one in a ziplock bag. Smell is funky after a few dives but still does the trick.

Hmm, the AquaSketch seems like a nice concept. I don't think I'd want it as a wrist slate though, since I wear my dive computer on my left wrist.

Yon cann erase it underwater but I have not tried to do so to since there is 5 feet of the waterprof paper on one rool. I have erased it when back on the surface and it erased well.

I want an HID primary light by sartek. Hmm... That would be awesome.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom