Wisdom Computer stuck in Gauge Mode HELP

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kuma1720

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am writing this in despair. Currently diving at Cozumel and I (bonehead) got my computer stuck on Gauge Mode. Problem is I can not wait the 24 hour period since I am doing repetetive dives. Can someone please help me with this?? I need to get it up and running ASAP before tomorrow morning.

Thank you

Its staying in gauge mode for a reason! If you reset it then it will no longer be tracking N2 exposure from the recent dive(s)

Taking the battery out for a few seconds should reset it,but don't blame me if you get bent tomorrow.

That is the problem it is not working as a computer any longer. As for the battery that does not work either, so thanks.
In either case I am aware of my current situation. Just need help unlocking it.

Why do you care if it's in gauge mode you don't care about the information it's supplying anyway. Your whole profile will be incorrect if you reset it. I hope you have enough credit on you card because chamber rides are expensive.

Just as explained earlier it will once again activate my computer and can avoid being bent, so thanks for the support. Brother, instead of getting guidance and help I get useless responses.

You're out of line. Setting it back to a computer will NOT avoid you getting bent. :rtfm:

Let me just explain, when set in GAUGE MODE it does not load N2 so you do not know what your deco status your in. SO herein lies the problem I am doing repetitive dives and can not wait the 24 hour period to clear it. Tried the battery and no luck. If you don't understand or can not supply a constructive response then don't bother. Wow!!

I am only doing 2 dives a day. Yesterday unfortunately had 3 with the night dive. So I am waiting long enough not to be concerned about being bent. Just would like the safety of the computer during my dives.

Okay just in case this happens to someone else...take the battery hour for about 2 hours and the computer returns back to air. Great thing is you do not lose your dive data.

Let me just explain, when set in GAUGE MODE it does not load N2 so you do not know what your deco status your in. SO herein lies the problem I am doing repetitive dives and can not wait the 24 hour period to clear it.

That why it waits 24 hours to clear, and since you don't understand N2 loading you should reread you O/W book to understand want is going one.

Ianr33, Jax are giving you constructive response it's just not what you want to understand. And two other things that you did not think of at the enad of the week you N2 loading is going to be a lot higher then you think and you are know your assets are on the hook for the bad advice you just gave out. Somebody wife is going to be looking at sherwood and yourself.

I'm surprised sherwood has not made a comment on this, but I guess they are relying on the O/W manual and their onwers manual.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom