Wireless Wrist Computer: left or right

Which wrist is your computer on?

• Right

Votes: 35 53.0%
  • left

Votes: 31 47.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TexasZR2:
Neither wrist. I put my Atmos Elite in the clip on console with retractor and hang it on my right chest D-ring. A quick zip out with the right hand and I am able to read it while adjusting the BC with my left. The compass is mounted to the guage console.

Ditto.

I only have one-arm and when I finally get my VT3, I'll have it mounted to a retractor and clipped to my bc harness.

Michael

I am right handed.

Right Arm: Bottom Timer (on wrist rotated toward my thumb) & VR3 computer (VR3 more on forearm since bulky). I also use my light on the right hand in a goodman handle and my computer / timer placement doesnt tangle the light cord.

Left Arm: Compass (on wrist rotated toward my thumb) and flip wrist slate (on forearm)

Reasoning: Electorinics and compass must be separated since compass will be affected by computer and bottom timer. If I wore the computer on my left arm, everytime I adjust boyancy, my computer would think I am ascending too rapidly even though it is just my arm going up and down. This is especially troublesome during the ascent phase. So that means computer/timer right. This leaves compass left. Now, since I am right handed, I like the wrist flip slate on the left (in case I have to write anything or do any calculations).

I only wear all this crap in large open water and deco diving. If I am staying withing recreational limits, I just wear the VR3 but keep it on the right arm.

I have thought about clipping the VR3 onto the chest strap and trying that out... but havent done it... yet.

Carl the Cat

VT Pro, left wrist. Light right hand. Only problem is as mentioned if you move your left arm too quickly while doing something, the computer will think you are ascending too fast. This setup just feels better to me.

Computer on the right so I can read it easily during ascents holding up the inflator.

jhbryaniv:
I wear mine on the right side so when I have my inflater above my head I can still read my 'puter.

Same reason and also cause I'm a southpaw. :D

You gotta keep the right hand free to stick in the lobster hole......

Depends on the suit. If I'm wearing a drysuit, it's on my left arm (where the suit exhaust valve is -as I'm watching my ascent, I am keeping the valve as the highest point).

The rest of the time, it's on my right (where I'm used to keeping a watch above water)

I wear all my instruments on my left. My right hand is my "good" hand (I'm not sinister like my wife, or gauche like some others I know<G>) and I keep my right free for tools, housings, other equipment, students, etc.

...right next to my watch. It is visible with inflator in-hand and on opposite hand than my Light Cannon which breaks its wireless cnx to the transmitter. Plus, I'm right handed and don't want to beat it up.

carlthecat:
Reasoning: Electorinics and compass must be separated since compass will be affected by computer and bottom timer. If I wore the computer on my left arm, everytime I adjust boyancy, my computer would think I am ascending too rapidly even though it is just my arm going up and down. This is especially troublesome during the ascent phase. So that means computer/timer right. This leaves compass left. Now, since I am right handed, I like the wrist flip slate on the left (in case I have to write anything or do any calculations).
Carl the Cat

You need a lot more metal than what is in a computer to affect your compass. So this is a non issue.

In both cases when ascending your arm should be in front of your face. If you are properly trimmed you will be horizontal in the water as such you might be moving your arm a couple of feet at most. If you are vertical the same would happen - move your arm a couple of feet. So again this is a non issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom