wireless transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have and always will pack my regs and computer in my carry-on. I think I did not word my question correctly. I was wondering what people did with their transmitters. Left them on, or took them off the 1st stage. I think I will start removing the transmitter and plugging the port on the 1st stage. I don't like the idea of the transmitter breaking off.
If you are concerned enough about the possibility to raise it here, I would agree that you should remove the transmitter, put a port plug in the first stage port, and a cover of something over the male transmitter port. I do not do that for airline travel myself - I leave the transmitter attached to the regulator first stage - but there is no real harm in being safer than sorrier, unless you crossthread the transmitter when re-attaching it, or fail to tighten it properly (too little or too much), or don't secure the transmitter and it falls out / gets lost, etc.

The same as several other posters, I always leave my transmitter in the 1st stage and carry on my padded reg bag which also has enough room for my MP3 player, book etc..

Leave it on. Carry it on. Move on.

:crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom