Winter Island Salem, 1/7/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tug

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Today I met xjeslesx and FencingFish at Winter Island in Salem for a nice and chilly dive, little did I know how chilly it was going to be...

We had a nice 40ish minute dive with a max depth of around 31 feet, most of it was around 28 feet. The water was nice and warm at 38 degrees. About when we turned the dive I started getting REALLY cold and on the whole swim back I was shivering. Upon getting back on land I realized that I didn't zip up my drysuit the whole way, d'oh! I'll make sure to double check that from now on...

There wasn't much in the way of life, but I managed to get a few pictures. Just about when we turned the dive there was a LARGE frilled anemone.

On the swim back we passed a boat on the bottom, nothing special, just a small 15' skiff.

I managed to get a few shots, nothing special but here they are.

winter%20island1.jpg

and lastly a northern cerianthid

winter%20island.jpg

Nothing special but those are nice shots. That camera seems special. What are you shooting with.

Nothing special but those are nice shots. That camera seems special. What are you shooting with.

thanks! I have a Canon G11 in a Fisheye FIX housing. I did a little editing in Lightroom before posting them though.

Nice setup.

If it only shot HD Video..... well that's for another thread. It makes up for what it lacks in video quality for real nice still pictures and some good features just a bit below a DSLR camera.

That FIX Fisheye is an real neat enclosure. I can see you having fun with that camera underwater.

Keep up the good work.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom