Wings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

anyone have a website for scubal ??

What's up with the "Lift Capacity 40 lbs – 90 lbs." on this Maximus wing when there's only one size? and who needs 90 lbs of lift in a wing when the wing is only for a single tank? Not trying to slam it, I've just never come across stats like this for a wing, :D.

It's a "stretchable" wing. My understanding (hopefully not off-base on this) is that it is like a rubberized "spandex" bladder. Thus my concern with patching it if needed.

I think it is too early to make judgement on Maximus wing. Even, we haven't heard any review yet...

True, which is why I limit my concerns to the published specs. As I said, I do like ScubaL products in general - good quality at an incredible price. I have asked via their forum about my concerns but received no response, so my opinion remains unchanged. You can get the wing by itself for $149, which makes it worth "trying out"

Aloha, Tim

kidspot:
It's a "stretchable" wing. My understanding (hopefully not off-base on this) is that it is like a rubberized "spandex" bladder. Thus my concern with patching it if needed.

Based on what I know about wing contruction, my interpretation of the discripition is that the outer shell has elastic panels. I'd guess, and it's only a guess, that the inner bladder is likely urethane.

The downsides I see are:

Elastics fail, usually pretty quickly, think about the waist band on underwear

An elastic outer shell will "power deflate"

The bladder for a 90 lb wing could be a gas trapper when you are using only 40 lbs of capacity.

A 40 lb singles wing is required only in pretty extreme situations, ~25-35 lbs easily covers most single tank applications.

Tobin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom