Wings that work with singles and doubles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

what's going on? Why are my replies coming in before the question....

Are there any wings that work well with both singles and doubles? The OMS bungie wings look like they would, but I understand that a lot of people do not like these wings.

Expensive route: Buy one wing that supposedly works for both singles and doubles, find it does't work very well on one or the other (or both) and eBay it and buy a Pioneer wing and an Explorer wing (Halcyon).

Cheap route: Buy a Pioneer wing and an Explorer wing (Halcyon) to begin with and skip the wasted purchase.

Roak

An Explorer wing "would" work with singles, but IMO not well. Roakey hit it on the head, get the right tool for the job.

Phil

Diverite makes the Trek 40# and Rec 50# wings, which are intended for use with both doubles and singles. Both of these wings have a removable bungee which is necessary to prevent tank wrap with a single tank. They recommend the Trek wing for use with double AL 80's. I have seen its predecessor, the Junior wings used that way. I have also seen the Rec wings used with singles.

The OMS wings do work well with singles and doubles having used mine for several years locally and in the carribean on trips. However have since gone the expensive route described above: traded in and bought 2.
Sigh.

I've got the dive rite trek wings. They work fine with singles and the bungy. However if you have need to remove the bungie [like for the entanglement risks when diving in overhead environments], they become a little big for single tanks. [It was tough to get the air to the lower dump valve to dump while exiting the caverns].

I'm planning on saving the wings for doubles, and getting another wing for singles.

I have the rec wings, and they work well for single al80's and double al80's when i wesuit dive. i have the bigger halcyon explorers for lp steel doubles, deco bottles and tools... half tempted to get the 20-something pioneering wings, but we'll see what santa brings first (i'm not 'allowed' to buy any gear until after christmas)!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom