Wing ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

willardj

Contributor
Reaction score
What seems to be the best wing for double 95's? Sence they are so top heavy. Thanks

I have not know a tank to be top heavy. It all depends on how you placed your tanks on your back plate. to high your heads down too low, your feet down. the wing is not a trim compensator it is the position of the tanks relative to you. is what will determine your position or trim.

The wing is a means to maintain your trim/bouyancy..too big of a wing is not the optimum solution too small and you fight your trim.

A balance I believe is 55-70. I use a 55 Halcyon expolrer. For a set of steel HP100. And when I dive wet I use twin alu 80s.

I also use a drysuit as a redundant bladder. So having a wing with 100lbs of lift is not really needed. A small slimmer wing with a drysuit works well. All depends on the type of diving you will be doing..Multiple stages etc...longer range, deeper dives. You may need a little more lift but not much.

willardj:
What seems to be the best wing for double 95's? Sence they are so top heavy. Thanks
I like this one ...

P1010021.jpg

Deep Sea Supply Torus 49 ... the elliptical shape puts the center of buoyancy up a little higher on the wing than the more traditional triangular shaped doubles wings, which seems to be a good "cure" for that top-heavy feeling that you get with the short, fat steel tanks like LP95's.

The Halcyon Evolve does the same thing ... but they come in 40 lb and 60 lb sizes. The Torus is a good "fit" for an in-between size that will serve a lot of people's needs ... and it's more ruggedly-built than the Evolve (and less expensive).

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have a rec wing right now and it has more that enough lift and trim out ok. I have my band's as high as I can and in the lowest hole's on my plate w/ the wing in the middle hole as of now.. I guess I could move it to the bottom hole to get it up as high as possibal. Thank's

Back
Top Bottom