wing vs jacket BC

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My suggestion is to try as many different ones as you can and make your decision from there. BC choice tends to be something personal and what one person likes others hate and vice versa.

Good luck with your choice.

Chad

Yes, Rick is right.

You can get horizontal with a jacket, and you can end up vertical with a back-inflate system. So I meant to imply that a back-inflation system will promote horizontal trim more so than a jacket.

So the one undisputable differentation is squeeze. :wink:

In any case, the best advice was given: Try all the different types before purchasing. There are pros and cons to each. If you'd like to get into more advanced diving in the next year or two, my honest opinion would be a back-inflation system.

BP/wing isn't a directly a DIR implication. A lot of different groups use the long hose, BP/wing. Please state WHY promoting a sound, flexible system to be an injustice. If the original poster advances in the technical realm to diving doubles, for instance, which system is a better investment?

reply from divernva You can get horizontal with a jacket, and you can end up vertical with a back-inflate system. So I meant to imply that a back-inflation system will promote horizontal trim more so than a jacket.

So the one undisputable differentation is squeeze.
first I use a jacket and love it and second its is a personal choice
and it works just as good horizontal as your wings, back inflation , bladder type second I dont feel no squeeze you talk about yes older jacket had lots of it , but allot othe newer are designed some what diffrent less squeeze ect and more stream lines ect so personaly I believe its a personal choice and to use what you feel comfortable with !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom