Wing problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveW

Reaction score
I have a wing problem and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem or some advice. Seems the holes on my halcyon wing have shrunk just a little. They were working fine and then the last time I put them on I really had to stretch them to get them on the bolts of my doubles. I know the bolts are the same and the backplate fits perfect but not the wing. I didn't leave it in the sun to dry or anything. Thought I would soak it good, put them on the doubles to dry and see it that solves the problem. Any suggestions?

Same thing happened to me I just wet the web band between the holes and it streches out so I can fit it on the tanks.

SteveW once bubbled...
I have a wing problem and was wondering if anyone else had the same problem or some advice. Seems the holes on my halcyon wing have shrunk just a little. They were working fine and then the last time I put them on I really had to stretch them to get them on the bolts of my doubles. I know the bolts are the same and the backplate fits perfect but not the wing. I didn't leave it in the sun to dry or anything. Thought I would soak it good, put them on the doubles to dry and see it that solves the problem. Any suggestions?
...of the holes on the BP, you can move your bands a bit to make the wing fit. If this doesn't work or isn't applicable I would try the wing wetting thing..it works for cam bands.

My wings do that all of the time. I just have got used to pouring some water on them and they are fine. If possible, I let them dry while attached to my doubles. Moving the bands is not an option, as they will not fit my backplate then.

Back
Top Bottom