Wine Lover

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoosier

Contributor
Reaction score
I am sure there are many wine lovers out there.

We used to get a wine from a local grocery store (Usually Kroger:eyebrow: ). Recently, my GF and I has started to study a wine more seriously and get a wine from more refined store where has more european wine selection.

What is your favorite wine, either occasional or dailty base

Place of origin (France Boreaux, CA, Italy, South Africa, or etc....):
Name (Vero, Pakers Estate, Louis Jadot, Christian Moueix, or etc...):
Year:
Kind (Pinot Noir, Merlot, Shraz, or ect):

Thanks in advance,

Had a lovely Caymus "Special Selection" Cabernet last night. 1999.

Seven Deadly Zins...not sure of the other info.

Our local Kroger store just expanded their wine selection and has a HUGE variety. I like it over the liquor store.

WT, with any luck I will be making my own wine this year. It won't be anything fancy but I am going to give it a try. I am looking at peach, cherry and strawberry with any luck.

crpntr133:
Seven Deadly Zins...not sure of the other info.

Our local Kroger store just expanded their wine selection and has a HUGE variety. I like it over the liquor store.

WT, with any luck I will be making my own wine this year. It won't be anything fancy but I am going to give it a try. I am looking at peach, cherry and strawberry with any luck.

Sounds great...

We have a local winery, Olive Winery. They can sell a wine, even on Sunday in Hoosier land. LOL~~~

I look forward to trying it.....:) I always miss my Grand Ma's home wine. :huh:

Olive isn't wine in my book but rather grape juice. The only one that I like from them is the Mead..it is made with honey.

I'm no expert, but I am currently enjoying Oregon Pinot Noirs (they're expensive though $20+, but nearly all worth it) and all sorts of Spanish varieties. They're delicious, and reasonably priced.

For a different, but great day-to-day white, try vinho verdes (or other whites), from Portugal (we were there last year and discovered them). They're very light, crisp and go great with everything, or just by themselves. Terrific bargains.

Of course, a Drouhin or Jadot Grand Cru is hard to beat, but if you're drinking those on a regular basis, you don't need my advice :)

Oh, and if you're into learning more about wine, I got a great book for xmas, "Windows on the World, Complete Wine Course" by Kevin Zraly. It's fascinating and makes learning about wine very enjoyable.

I've gotten hooked on New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. My current favorite, which has become my "house white", is the Nobilo, which Costco carries at an affordable $7.95 a bottle.

TSandM:
I've gotten hooked on New Zealand Sauvignon Blancs. My current favorite, which has become my "house white", is the Nobilo, which Costco carries at an affordable $7.95 a bottle.

I love Costco for wine. Easy, cheap, and great tasting. Oh, and the wine goes great with those giant, fresh Bahamian lobster tails.

My current favoirte is an Austrailian wine from Rosemount Estates, its a Traminer Reisling. Under $10 a bottle, and is quite good :)

I'd try different types, but, unfortunately, the Meijer up here doesn't have much of a selection :?

We went to a local wine tasting and picked up a case of Hahn Estates, I'm bad with the names of wine so I'll have to check when I get home - but the wine is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom