Windy Point Report- May 2nd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hemlon

Contributor
Reaction score
Shaggie and I had a one-tank dive at Windy Point today. The air temp was 78-82 degrees and it was overcast. We had the park to ourselves. I guess the threat of rain kept people away. Oh...and jobs too, maybe?

The water temp at the surface was right at 70 degrees. I estimated the vis to be 5-10 feet but admittedly, I am not the best judge of vis. Shaggie may have a different estimate.

There was a somewhat undefined thermocline at 60 feet. We spent about a third of our dive below that depth with a maximum depth of 79 feet. The temp at 79 feet was pretty-freaking-cold. (At least that's what my temp gauge said!)

We saw the usual residents...lots of sunfish, a cichlid and a few VERY hungry looking catfish.

I found a nice snorkel...identify it and it's yours.

You cats are too funny, lol. I will be out at windy point this Friday will dive with my 7mm. Oh that snorkels mine its curved with a mouthpeice. Checks in the mail, just kidding

Steve

Why would anyone have a snorkel with anti-DIR features? That's a sure-fire way to get hurt or killed.

:wink:

Why would anyone have a snorkel (in lake Travis anyways)? Oops, probably shouldn't go there!: 0

Back
Top Bottom