Windy Point Private

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello all,

I will be out at Windy Point Private this weekend with an open water class. Can anyone tell me the current conditions. I know it has rained some and I have seen the temp down to 60 is around 78 degrees but what is the water level at and how deep is the deep water platform.

The last time I taught a class which was about a month ago the deep water platform was at about 19 ft. Can someone tell me where it stands now? Also, what is the vis running.

thanks

L

I dove there on Tues. this week and the vis was ok to good (varied).....water temp. was a constant 78f from the surface to 83ffw---balmy! I think we walked down a good 3 stories of stairs to the water. Be safe and have FUN. :)

The deck of Platform 4 is at about 26 feet. Platform 2 is a few feet underwater. You can giant stride off of platforms 1 and 3. Surface was 76 deg last weekend.

OK, it was not so bad. I guess the worst of it is that with most of the platforms out of the water, I had to use the large sailboat as my platform. Every corner of the deep water platform was being used so I had no alternative. The vis was pretty good 5-8 feet and the temp as 78 down to 60.

Everyone in my class survived and appeared to have had a good time. The weather ended up pretty warm except for Sunday morning.

Anyway, the water is still there although very low. I was able to take my students down to the pinto station wagon which normally sits about 82-85 feet. Now it is at 52 ft.

thanks

L

blue-tonic:
So where is the pecan groove at now?

Its still in the same place.............:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom