Windy Point Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For just that purpose, a park. Since Barstow is still trying to get his fair money out of Travis County for the public side, he may be trying to attract bids for 12 million, and show the county a fair asking price for the property they took from him. He may not be actually selling the park after all....

PvilleStang:
Just remember a few years ago where half his park was underwater (water level peaked at 694, spillway level is 712 I believe)
Anyone got pictures of the lake at that stage? I bet that was pretty impressive.

Willie

PvilleStang:
For just that purpose, a park. Since Barstow is still trying to get his fair money out of Travis County for the public side, he may be trying to attract bids for 12 million, and show the county a fair asking price for the property they took from him. He may not be actually selling the park after all....

I talked to richard the other day and he is not really trying to sell the property.

L

So my question is.....with things not really improving at Travis,,,,,what other options for decent diving do you folks in that area have...I am aware of most inland water bodies in Texas for diving...and I wonder??
Some of us,,,and I am thinking more this season will find that Ok/Ark offers some really decent diving, still within a day trip or overnighter.

PvilleStang:

I'm not familiar with the history you mentioned. Is there an archive thread with the info?

Sounds interesting...

texdiveguy:
So my question is.....with things not really improving at Travis,,,,,what other options for decent diving do you folks in that area have...I am aware of most inland water bodies in Texas for diving...and I wonder??
Some of us,,,and I am thinking more this season will find that Ok/Ark offers some really decent diving, still within a day trip or overnighter.
But it is significantly farther from Austin to those OK/Ark lakes than from Paris or Dallas. That is why you Dallas folks dont dive Travis as much as I do and why I dont dive Huntsville or Twin Lakes as much as the Houston folks do.

That said, I am still looking forward to some good OK/Ark diving when the temps warm up a bit -- or I find a steal on a dry suit. :)

Willie

We still have 130 feet of lake left. It is just getting harder to get to.

wet-willie:
But it is significantly farther from Austin to those OK/Ark lakes than from Paris or Dallas. That is why you Dallas folks dont dive Travis as much as I do and why I dont dive Huntsville or Twin Lakes as much as the Houston folks do.

That said, I am still looking forward to some good OK/Ark diving when the temps warm up a bit -- or I find a steal on a dry suit. :)

Willie

Hi Willie.....I still dive Travis from DFW several day trips a year//or did till just making it 5 times in 06'......BUT you are right...it is a bit of a trek from Austin/Houston north to Ok/Ark....that is why I mentioned the overnight op.. I hope you come across that dry suit....would be a great addition to your growing scuba gear! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom