Windy Point Park

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had to search for this one. Taken October 15th. I'm standing on platform one, normally about 35 feet under water. As of last week, its about a 7 foot drop into the water from this platform.

Attachments

• tday11b.jpg
    tday11b.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 75
daniel f aleman:
$12 million is a bargain; you can put ten $2 million+ houses on that property. Look at the houses around there, one house near is for sale (to the north of the park on Ridgetop Terrace Road) for $2 million+...

http://www.lakehouse.com/page-20526.html

I don't think you can. when the county turned that property back over to barstows after it was county park for years, I seem to remember a lot of restrictions on what could be done there, I don't think anyone would be allowed to build houses on it. But I could be wrong, who knows what the damn lawyers have done in the meantime.

i think since the property lies on the spillway, septic isn't allowed. That's why Barstow has his trailer, and hasn't bothered to build on the property. That, and if the floods hit that bad, he can jack it up and move it. Just remember a few years ago where half his park was underwater (water level peaked at 694, spillway level is 712 I believe)

Back
Top Bottom