windstar questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverrick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This is a two question thread.
Question one, has anyone tried diving from the windstar ship, Wind spirit in St Thomas? We are going next month on this trip because we couldn't book any liveaboards where we wanted to go on the week I had free, so are hoping to go diving from that cruise ship. Any advice would be great.

Which brings me to the second question.
Does anyone know anything about the scuttling of the wind song? I know she had a devestaing fire, and they scuttled her, I think in Tahiti. Correct me if I am wrong. I was looking for some video or pics, anything online of the sinking, and found nothing about it. I was also wondering if she is shallow enough to dive on, or did they make sure she could never be dove on?

I went to look for my post this AM, which I psoted yesterday AM. It was 18 pages back!!! Bump

hmmm.....had not heard about the Song---Our middle child(son) was a water sports director for a year and a half in '01 & 02 for the Wind Stars...About the diving, it's available but you must sign up several days before your dive dates(from what I remember)---& in the Med. you must get permission from some of the countries, ??Turkey maybe, (ie days before hand) before making the dives---but the boat does that for you if you let them know in advance...

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom