Windows XP: Black Screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No Sir. No matter how you try to mitigate the loss, if there is no coverage on your policy dec page, I would not cover it.

On my policy, I have a rider(separate policy) for all the electronic in my house. Due to my new job, I have 5 computers and a 32 inch monitor, they are all on a separate policy that covers loss that includes power spikes.

Froid

And under the provisions of the rider, it wouldnt matter how/where the surge occured, even it didnt originate on your property?

You have someone named Heidi in your gun safe?

he's referring to this pic . "Heidi"

576_beer_girls.jpg

You said it does power back on, so it might not be completely dead.

If you have any CDs, DVDs, or other types of disks in any of the drives, eject them when it powers on and try starting it again.

Maybe it's booting to this website?

Helen Keller Simulator

he's referring to this pic . "Heidi"

576_beer_girls.jpg

I had the same proble with a laptop but it wasn't lightening induced. My IT geek said it just "happened". Had to buy a new computer and reload the stuff from the saved backup files. Always backup...

And under the provisions of the rider, it wouldnt matter how/where the surge occured, even it didnt originate on your property?

Under the rules of my rider, yes, it is covered. As long as I can prove it is due to a sudden and unavoidable loss including dropping the laptops.

Things like viruses, maintenance issues are not covered.

Try taking the battery out. Unplugging the power...

Hold the power button down for 10 seconds.

Plug back in... Try again.

Hold the power button down for 10 seconds? Had tried letting it set for a minute with no power, but tried that too now. Nope, but thanks.

Don, did you take the battery out also when you did the above?

often you have to take the battery out of a laptop to get it to really reset. Otherwise there is still power to the logic carrier board (motherboard)

Don, did you take the battery out also when you did the above?

often you have to take the battery out of a laptop to get it to really reset. Otherwise there is still power to the logic carrier board (motherboard)

Does that brand have a hard reset button also?

Under the rules of my rider, yes, it is covered. As long as I can prove it is due to a sudden and unavoidable loss including dropping the laptops.

Things like viruses, maintenance issues are not covered.

Good info, thanks!

Don,

Do you think it's booting regular, but just displaying no graphics?

do you have static ip addresses set up? if so, and you know the IP, can you ping it?

If you need to know how to do this, just reply and we'll kindly walk you through it :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom