Windows XP: Black Screen

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good luck Don. Doesn't sound too promising.

Last winters big storm resulted in huge power spike/surge, when power came back 4 days later. I had just turned mains back on to check for power. Actually melted two surge protectors, fried transformers in the furnace and JennAire stove, as well as several unprotected TV's, VCR's and a clock radio. Insurance covered two transformers, but I ate the rest!
Lightning strike is a lot more powerful than that little spike!

That sucks, there are few things as craptastic as a lightning strike.

Damn, we both posted the word "craptastic" at the same exact time, what are the odds?

Since it's your word, I'll let you have sole rights to it if you want. :D

Since it's your word, I'll let you have sole rights to it if you want. :D

Absolutely not CD, I feel the word craptastic is far too important to the English language for me to keep it to myself, why that would just be craptastically selfish of me.

This is why it's so darn important to backup your files methodically and regularly. I even put the original of the lovely Heidi in my gun safe.

Posted from Mobile WIFI in ATL Concourse C

This is why it's so darn important to backup your files methodically and regularly. I even put the original of the lovely Heidi in my gun safe.

Posted from Mobile WIFI in ATL Concourse C

You have someone named Heidi in your gun safe?

You have someone named Heidi in your gun safe?

Meet the real Docc

27667.gif

Any requirements for "reasonable precautions" like having it plugged into a surge protector?

No Sir. No matter how you try to mitigate the loss, if there is no coverage on your policy dec page, I would not cover it.

On my policy, I have a rider(separate policy) for all the electronic in my house. Due to my new job, I have 5 computers and a 32 inch monitor, they are all on a separate policy that covers loss that includes power spikes.

Froid

You said it does power back on, so it might not be completely dead.

If you have any CDs, DVDs, or other types of disks in any of the drives, eject them when it powers on and try starting it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom