Windjammer Cruises

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've not done a WJ in a few years, never the Legacy, but it is sop for the line to have a Dive Instructor of their own, who makes every sponsored dive with you. A good idea, I think - to ensure that certain standards are met out in the Carrib where rules are but suggestions, to ensure the customer feels more secure, and to reduce liability if someone still gets hurt.

Brown Mermaid:
I just booked a trip on the Windjammer Barefoot Cruise for Sept. 11-17 on the Polynesia. They cover the ABC islands (Aruba, Bonaire and Curacao). Typically not a liveaboard but they advertise this as the best itinerary for diving. Sooooo has anyone done this cruise? :06:
I've been on 9 WJ cruises. My first was 1980 and my last was 2001. I gave up going with them as my adventure time is now dedicated to diving. These are not dive boats. Expect maybe 5/6 dives in a week and a ton of fun (not diving). For more info.... try here:

http://www.jammerbabe.com/flotilla/index.php?sid=3e1f53b0492ea8aa2ea2db3a82f60408

Sandra

Sounds perfect for us. I'm the only diver in the family, but my wife and 20-year old daughter love the sailing and everything else that goes with it. If I get a half dozen dives during the week, that will be OK. I'll get another 6-8 dives the week before while we are staying at a hotel on St. Thomas.

sandrascuba:
I've been on 9 WJ cruises. My first was 1980 and my last was 2001. I gave up going with them as my adventure time is now dedicated to diving. These are not dive boats. Expect maybe 5/6 dives in a week and a ton of fun (not diving). For more info.... try here:

http://www.jammerbabe.com/flotilla/index.php?sid=3e1f53b0492ea8aa2ea2db3a82f60408

Sandra
Sounds like my WJ experiences - like them until I started diving, then one more trying to dive. Got 5 in a week.

DandyDon:
I just wore a robe with t-shirt on my head, the Poly Pharaoh. :150: I mooned the judges :mooner: and won first prize, or booby prize maybe? :kissbutt: Mooning larger cruise ships is also allowed.
Too funny! That was very creative.

Back
Top Bottom