Windguru and Windfinder have me concerned about next week

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes the port is closed and even though the prediction was for less wind, we were ready for the other side. But thanks to Ken's graciousness we didn't have to go with just two divers—that would hurt economically! We are hoping for a least a 40 ft boat rule this afternoon so we can take Falicity out.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

The port is closed today. Did have the opportunity to dive the east side however. Thanks Dave but seemed like a lot of work for two of us.
Told the winds are going to die down around 3:00 today and diving tomorrow.:)
It is kind of cold and crappy anyways. I was just as happy to stay home today!

Now at SCC watching the waves. Tomorrow looks like we should be able to dive but Monday looks like trouble again. Hopefully it settles down and we can get wet in the morning.

---------- Post added January 25th, 2015 at 05:52 PM ----------

We ended up getting three shore dives at SCC and the pool is still open. They say we are going on the boat tomorrow barring a hurricane.

Dove the east side today. Two dives with 6 divers and two DM. Shot more than a few lion fish. Port opened while we were over there. Thanks Dave and Memo.

Even though I lucked out and had completely awesome weather and conditions when I was there, this was a big reason I booked with Aldora. On my short vacation, I would not have wanted to miss a dive day!

Was just told by someone down here that they sunk a boat near Presidente this morning. It do be a howling down here right now.

I saw just the top of Blue Angel's Bally poking up from the surface on our way back north today. Not sure about a second one, but I can confirm that Bally is down.

I didn't see any of the boats down but I can confirm conditions were tough today. As today was our first on the boat this trip it was the standard issue Cedar Pass and Paradise. The run to and from CP was rough and cold but the dive was good. Paradise was a goat rodeo first with a zillion groups on the reef at one time and then the fact that there is very little operating room for the vessels before the pier. I came up next to an SMB that also had a boat right next to it and then was nearly run over a Papa Hog boat. If I don't ever get to dive the Paradise Reef again, I am cool with that. They need to designate another spot as the second site for first day shallow dives. The cruise ship pier and excessive pressure have rendered that one obsolete.

I saw just the top of Blue Angel's Bally poking up from the surface on our way back north today. Not sure about a second one, but I can confirm that Bally is down.

Did it look like this:

Bally down 01262015.jpg

From my extensive network of coast watchers and leave behinds......

Back
Top Bottom