Willow Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, getting back to things...the computer died!

My DM was Chuck Mouery (with Divers Descent Scuba in Hershey)...Yeah, the cave wasn't anything, From what he was saying it sounds like it usually isn't even filled to the top...

I think I was chasing the big guys around, because just before that, I did my simple navigation from platform to platform, and we saw a few other big boys!

Shiprekd:
Who was your DM? was he/she with bainbridge?

I'm telling ya, there are some big `uns in there. There used to be a big catfish that hung out in the cement truck. Every once in awhile it would dart out past a student and scare the hell out of them.

The most fun times I've had was hanging out in the shallows (middle of the quarry).

For those not-in-the-know, the cave isn't a "cave" per se' - it drops back a few feet but comes to a dead end. It is technically an overhead environment but nothing advanced.

I know the shop, but never went there or know any of the DM's, etc....

IMO, it's one of the best quarries to dive at. I actually miss working there. Used to be fun replacing/filling the platform barrels and securing the cables, etc.. There was always some sort of lunker hanging out under them.

I'm looking forward to hitting it a few times this summer to get some more experience..The viz was pretty nasty by the last dive on sunday (thankfully he was wearing a yellow tank!) but there's a lot to see.

I'm considering getting my AOW, but not rushing into it, maybe by the end of the summe depending on how much I get to dive.

Shiprekd:
I know the shop, but never went there or know any of the DM's, etc....

IMO, it's one of the best quarries to dive at. I actually miss working there. Used to be fun replacing/filling the platform barrels and securing the cables, etc.. There was always some sort of lunker hanging out under them.

The viz can get pretty ratty especially on a sunday during an algae bloom.. - A weekend full of new OW classes tilling up the bottom and the blooms to 40ft can make for some interesting diving.. LOL

Keep in touch and we'll have to dive there sometime.

We were diving with the freshwater jellies...pretty good diversion to "over-thinking" that I was there doing my OW dives...

Sounds good, I'll be hitting this place constantly!

hey there sorry to butt in, i am heading to greenwood lake new york this summer, has anyone heard anything about the diving???????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom