Willow Springs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boyant1 Sorry. the name does not ring a bell. Shame you do not have some cold water gear, I am heading out to Willow this Sunday to try out some new gear and have a good time in the water. When you get some cold water gear, let me know.

hambleto:
Boyant1 Sorry. the name does not ring a bell. Shame you do not have some cold water gear, I am heading out to Willow this Sunday to try out some new gear and have a good time in the water. When you get some cold water gear, let me know.

Is Willow open year round? I was under the impression that it opened March 1st.

Problem "A" no cold water suit..

Problem "B" cold and flu season..gotta cold! (thank the wife!)

I have new gear I'm DYING to try out! So unless something changes, It'll be in the Keys at the end of March...

(I wonder how I can disguise a Dry Suit on the Mastercard???)

It was not that bad today at willow. The water temps ranged from 38-42 and the viz was about 10'-15'. How to hide it? Just take a cash advance on the CC and not tell the wife. If she says anything tell her it is retribution for giving you a cold.

We (wife and I) used to work at Bainbridge. The water level has gotten pretty high in the past; and pretty low too.

Some big bass in that quarry. We just finished up on a sunday eve (working) during a warm august twilight. The rescue pontoon took off for the the corner by the "cave" because there was heavy thrashing. Turns out, a bass sucked down a sparrow and it lodged in its throat.

Even Dax said it was one of the biggest he had seen.

HAHA! I think I may have met that one!! During my OW dives my DM told me that I should go into the cave when we go over that way, so I did...met a big bass on the way in! (pi$$ed him off too, I think!)

Who was your DM? was he/she with bainbridge?

I'm telling ya, there are some big `uns in there. There used to be a big catfish that hung out in the cement truck. Every once in awhile it would dart out past a student and scare the hell out of them.

The most fun times I've had was hanging out in the shallows (middle of the quarry).

For those not-in-the-know, the cave isn't a "cave" per se' - it drops back a few feet but comes to a dead end. It is technically an overhead environment but nothing advanced.

If you want to try Dutch Springs this summer, it is best done on a weekday. We were there last July, midweek and we were able to park down on the penisula both days. Really enjoyed it, planning a couple of trips there this summer.

Weekends are ok if you spend the whole weekend there. Most of the time, if you are there Friday night, you can be the first in the water in the AM. If that's the case, there is excellent vis. We usually take a long tour first, then have a long surface interval. After the classes start clearing out (which is sometimes as early as 2 pm from what I've seen) we get in for another dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom