Will a Nitrox card work as a C-Card for most operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Think so since it is required to have at least an OW cert to get Nitrox. But better to carry it and your highest c-card anyway. Better safe than sorry.

LOL When was that? I've used that card for grins and giggles numerous times and have only been turned away once in Florida if I recall.

Carry the AOW and the Nitrox and you'll get keys to the executive washroom.:mooner:
Probably about 7 years ago out here on the west coast.

Advanced Nitrox covers most eventualities

One unfortunate benefit of presenting a divemaster or instructor card is you may get paired with a newby diver that you will get to rescue 10 minutes into your dive. Don't ask me how I know this.

Or it means you get left alone to do your own thing instead of being shepherded around by the DM - but I think this topic is for another thread :wink:

...At our age we get checked over less. A dingy shirt from another dive location seems to work very well. You could probly use a Power Ranger card ok...

I agree! A variation on this would be; an old dive shirt and CCW permit. It would probably do the trick. :D

I only carry my nitrox card so if I want to run it I can and if not, well. I still get air. If I need to prove my dives, I have some of my log on my computer and the rest on my PC which I can access from anywhere in the world and show.

Never had any problem doing this.

The usual Keys BS. Booked with an op, they wanted all my cards when I show up. Howabout a Nitrox, nope, all. Define all I asked? Given this phone encounter, you might need Nitrox and a few others for the Keys. They get so many first time divers and PadI instructors who nearly drown I suppose that the Keys are the world capitol of nanny state scuba diving.

N

I can't remember the last time someone actually wanted to look at one of my cards, even on charters. I've had to fill out the cert info on a release/info sheet, but no one has asked to see the card. However, I am ready with my BOW cert if they ask. I also carry my trimix to 300', my advanced wreck penetration, my tech DM and my mixer's cert, just in case I need to prove something specific. Because ya know what the card proves?

Nothing.

I also carry ... my tech DM

Never heard of a tech DM cert. Which agency offers this? Sorry in advance for the hijack.

Never heard of a tech DM cert. Which agency offers this? Sorry in advance for the hijack.

TDI has a "Technical Divemaster" program.

Also, I know that UTD allows its divemasters to act in that capacity on dives to any level for which the DM is qualified.

UTD Standards 1.3e:
3.27 UTD Divemaster

Purpose

UTD's Divemaster course is a leadership certification program designed to train UTD divers to organize and lead diving activities and assist on UTD classes. A UTD Divemaster may work as a Divermaster and/or and assistant to a UTD Instructor on any level class that the DM is rated for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom