Will a Nitrox card work as a C-Card for most operators?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive in some quarries that collect the card I show to check in with and hold it until I leave the site. They do this to ensure that everyone who shows up and pays to go diving leaves at the end of the day. If they have a divers c-card at the end of the day and everyone has left the site, then they have a missing diver and a huge problem. This is just how they run their dive quarry. There have been instances where they give a card back to the wrong diver and the error is not caught until everyone has gone home. To avoid this I bring my open water card { this site is not deep- only about 35 feet }, or another less important card to give them when I check in, just in case the card gets lost. Just thought I would share this to add to the discussion { and to stop getting the " havn't posted in a while " message }
Tom :>

I must wonder about those who don't think that Nitrox cert card doesn't equate to already have passed OW cert. But then there are stupid people everywhere. I carry my AOW and Nitrox cards. It would be nice if PADI were to just give me ONE card with all the craps listed on it.

The converse is not true (or may not be true). I showed a tec card once, but no amount of arguing would persuade the guy that a nitrox cert was a mandatory pre-requisite for a tec certification. So now I carry two cards again.

The converse is not true (or may not be true). I showed a tec card once, but no amount of arguing would persuade the guy that a nitrox cert was a mandatory pre-requisite for a tec certification. So now I carry two cards again.

Same thing happened when I interviewed at Ratheon. I had a copy of my college transcript, but he wanted to see a highschool diploma too.

Okay, not really.

how bout a card from an online site? there have been many questions about this but never really an answer.

how bout a card from an online site? there have been many questions about this but never really an answer.

My LDS will accept an online certification check with proof of ID, but I think only PADI and SDI offer this facility online.

I would agree with Scuba Patton and take your highest rating (i.e. your rescue or AOW) and then your Nitrox so if you wish to you can dive with enriched air. Its not really necessary to carry all of your cards around.

I presented my full cave card last summer and the guy said "this doesn't mean you can go through that swim through at 30ft". I didn't ask or care about that thing but apparently I'll need to get a swim through cert now...

What I ended up doing was deciding its best to not dive where people have to ask...

I carry a couple of fakes for Flariduh state parks, that way next time they ban me from the state they won't know who it is that they banned. N

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom