Wierd Stuff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Had a Picasso Triggerfish repeatedly attack me off of Motu Mahae in the Society Islands. Its first 3 runs at me I thought were cute, then it started taking nips out of my hand and arm and I didn't think it was so cute anymore.

This is really two stories in one, hopfully it fits the bill-

Last week I was diving with Gods Pocket resort out of Port Hardy, we came across thousands of white sided dolphins, and to my utter joy the captian gave us the green light for jumping in the water. We were laying on the surface and sure enough dolphins started buzzing us, they were everywhere. Some coming a few inches away and others staying cautious and keeping in the shadows. I watched them jump out of the water and spash right down in front of me. People on the boat said some actually were jumping over my body. The dolphins stayed and played for close to thirty minuetes. Now if this was not cool enough check this out.

During my stay at the surface I noticed a large reef below me, that seemed to fade in and out of veiw. Now the viz was approx. 80 feet so I was convinced that I was looking at the seafloor. But of course I did not pay really close attention because of the dolphins bombing in on me. After this event I was talking to the captian and asking him if anyone has ever dove this reef. And he said not to his knowledge (laughing) bacause it was about 1000 feet deep where we were at. I talked to the rest of the divers in the water and they all saw the same thing, and everyone besides me had seen large bubbles pass by them, and they dissmissed them from originating from the dolphins. Now National Geographic divers were in the same area and they had an simillar expereince and what both him and the captian suggested that what we were seeing was not a shallow reef but a...........humpback whale, what a trip

I was nipped by a muskrat while diving around a dock in Eastern Washington. It had built a nest under the dock and I guess I was in his/her territory. So much for "Muskrat Love", can't help but laugh every time I hear that old Captain and Tennille song. I was also "buzzed" by a beaver. I'm glad he didn't decide to taste me :)

Back
Top Bottom