Wider drysuit boot? (AKA, what boots are people using with their Black Ice?)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paco II

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've been using Bare Trek boots with my Pinnacle Black Ice neoprene drysuit that has attached neoprene socks, and finding them a pain to deal with. Because of the thicker neo attached socks, it's hard getting them in to the boot because the boot isn't quite wide enough to get them in easily. It requires a bit too much effort/time. I can't really go any larger in size, as the length is already a little on the large side.

Any suggestions for a wider overboot? And for those using a Black Ice, what are you using?

I'm having the same issue, I just dropped my suit off to get neoprene socks instead

I have no issues, I use wet suit boots 2 sizes larger than what I normally wear.

I am using Pinnacle Boots with my Black Ice . I bought a size larger even though they say to buy the same size as your regular boot . They are a little long but the extra width helps donning for sure .
When the time comes I will replace the neoprene socks with proprer drysuit boots .
I am not really a fan of the neoprene sock , I see no advantage over a rubber drysuit boot , just more gear to pack .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom