Why?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Walter

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Often I see references to information in members' profiles that I can't see. Another member, in an attempt to help me figure out what's going on, says he can see the following info in my profile:

About Me
I'm a YMCA Instructor living in Lehigh Acres, Florida, I began diving in 1983 and started teaching in 1986. I enjoy almost all aspects of diving, including the fellowship associated with it. If you're in or traveling to Florida, give me a shout.

Vitals:
Hometown: Lehigh Acres, Florida
Date of Birth: June 25, 1956
Interests: Diving, Science Fiction, History

Dive Profile:
Certification History: YMCA
Certification Level: Instructor, former Instructor Trainer
Dive Classification: Instructor/Assistant Instructor/DM
# of Logged Dives: 1000+
Dive History: Where? Florida, Bahamas, Cayman, Cozumel, Georgia, Roatan, Sea of Cortez, Turks & Caicos, Soviet Union, South Carolina, North Carolina, Bonaire, Wisconsin, Illinois and California. How deep? Too deep. How long? My longest dive was 4 hours.

When I look at my profile, I see only part of that:

Date of Birth:
June 25, 1956
Biography:
I'm a YMCA Instructor living in Lehigh Acres, Florida, I began diving in 1983 and started teaching in 1986. I enjoy almost all aspects of diving, including the fellowship associated with it. If you're in or traveling to Florida, give me a shout.
Interests:
Diving, Science Fiction, History

Why can't I see all the info in profiles?

interesting

The Skins show different Profiles

The Classic Theme - No Gallery shows the "leaner" info version. The forum default shows the "full" version

dlndavid:
interesting

I thought so.

JeffG :
The Skins show different Profiles

The Classic Theme - No Gallery shows the "leaner" info version. The forum default shows the "full" version

Sounds like a programing error that needs to be fixed.

Walter:
Often I see references to information in members' profiles that I can't see. Another member, in an attempt to help me figure out what's going on, says he can see the following info in my profile:

When I look at my profile, I see only part of that:

Why can't I see all the info in profiles?
I can think of two possibilities ...

1) Differences in default display settings for different "skins"

or

2) Differences in display options in your user control panel

BTW - I see your profile as your friend does. Nice pic, by the way ... it's always nice to put a face with a name.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Walter:
Sounds like a programing error that needs to be fixed.
IIRC...The classic used to have all the profile info, but when SB was having some problems and backed out of some of the new options they added, the classic skin reverted to the default profile info.

NWGratefulDiver:
I .. it's always nice to put a face with a name.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Let's get together for a dive soon. I'd love to dive with you.

Walter:
What is IIRC?
If I recall correctly

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom