Why your Avatar?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Packhorse:
JCSGT where was that photo taken? Obviously in the South island
You're right, South Island. It was taken from a little trail overlooking Franz Josef Glacier.

Last May I organized a dive weekend at my place in Key Largo with 4 friends.

We dove our butts off for a couple of days including a twilight doubleheader made up of a late afternoon dive on the the Spiegel Grove and then a night dive on the Duane. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard and enjoyed a surface interval more.

This shot was taken from the bow of the Siegel Grove as my buddy captured me on one of my first dives with my latest camera rig. It reminds of that great weekend that brought together friends from around the world.

I used to use this avitar:
Profilepicture.jpg

The left is me on my first "dive." It was July or August 1967. The right is a more recent picture.

I then tried this of my "drysuit." I actually had to get dressed up for work and just added the mask for kicks.
ProfilePict2.jpg

My current avitar just reflects me having a bit of fun proving that I'll dive anywhere.

So that everytime people see my avatar, they remember.....may they never forget....

Cool Jellyfish shot in Belize in August. My first big swimming jelly........ a moon jelly.

Taken with cheapo disposable camera.... at 15 ft safety stop.

just thought that this looked cool...haven found a permanent one...made a wrong decision to put a bunny as a temp avatar...now the nickname b.boy is stucked onto me...thanks to sandshaker(yea you sandy)

Mine is a picture I took off of video that I was taking one day out at Anacapa Island in Cali where we usually take our boat. I remember it was the first time we took our new boat out on a dive for me and a couple of friends. The sea lions were very playful that day. Actually they're always playful, very mischevious and curious. On the video you can hear me get startled as this "playful" sea lion tries to scare the crap out of me. The same sea lion in the video picked up a stick, swam over to me and dropped it front of me like he wanted me to throw it. I felt like I was playing fetch with a sea dog.

Back
Top Bottom