why would you get ear plugs ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You wouldn't. They'd be dangerous, as they'd prevent you from clearing, and could cause a number of pressure-related problems.

Why do you ask?

Ear plugs and diving is like water and oil...the don't mix!

Well the obvious would be to plug your ears. I am not sure why someone would want to plug their ears when diving other than they want medical problems. I have seen mask with some type of ear cover on them (scuba pro I think) but they are to keep water out and ears clear for equalization. A true ear plug would be really stupid.

MSilvia:
You wouldn't. They'd be dangerous, as they'd prevent you from clearing, and could cause a number of pressure-related problems.

Why do you ask?

was looking in my leisure pro catalog
and they have them ........... I know you should not use them
every if you are diving..... i remember that from class.

so y would leisure pro sell them

I use them on my motorcycle..........too much wind noise at 150mph.

Description
Ear Seals Soft Flanged Earplugs

Do not use for scuba diving or at depths over 10 feet.

found this in their online catalog.

Aren't Doc's earplugs for diving? I've bought a pair from my LDS but am afraid to try them out.

Has anyone used them who would care to share their experience?

Thanks!

Randy
:dazzler1:

Gabriel90512:
so y would leisure pro sell them

Two reasons I can think of:

Snorklers who don't freedive and are afraid of getting water in their ears might want them.

There's a sucker born every minute.

Randy43086:
Aren't Doc's earplugs for diving?

I don't know why a diver would want Doc's, but they do make some with a hole in them to allow equalization while preventing the water from (get this) "washing away your precious earwax." :hm:
http://www.allstarsalesltd.com/content/docsproplugs.htm

I've seen ads for a brand of earplug that supposedly is designed to make equalizing easier though. I think they sponsred some freediving team or other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom