Why would both primary and octo freeflow?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a no brainier 1 St. stage failed !!!!!!

Check on line for a service manual for your particular make/model.

I guess I was asking if there is a particular place to find service manuals. I didn't know these were publicly available. I kind of figured they were only available to service technicians.

They either "helped" you by adjusting the first stage or dropped some crap into the reg that has now lodged into the HP seat....which is my guess. In any case, they need to correct the issue.

You were correct, I took it back to the shop this morning and they found a brass shaving lodged in the HP seat. They replaced the HP seat (and let me test it before leaving this time lol).

You were correct, I took it back to the shop this morning and they found a brass shaving lodged in the HP seat. They replaced the HP seat (and let me test it before leaving this time lol).

Did they tell you the recommended IP?

"brass shaving lodged in the HP seat"??? Is this the same bench they repair outboards on? Probably not a good place to get Oxygen cleaning done. :wink:

Did they tell you the recommended IP?

"brass shaving lodged in the HP seat"??? Is this the same bench they repair outboards on? Probably not a good place to get Oxygen cleaning done. :wink:

They did show me the IP, it was 144psi (the factory spec is 9.8 -10.2 bar so this is inside that range). They stated the shaving was from the threads (either the new DIN connector or where it screwed into the reg). They are a Mares authorized service center so I felt safe taking it there (though to be honest I don't know what "Mares Authorized" means, it could just mean they paid Mares some cash to say that I suppose and not really imply any inspection or oversight on Mares part).

to be a mares "lab" they had to have a tech go thru there service class. they have them around the country every year. if the class is now full they let non shop sponsored people attend at a price.

Sounds like a 1st stage problem, mares regulators are notoriously difficult to get properly balanced.

Please explain what "properly balanced" means.

TIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom